SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Peaceful cuisine

l pinkmountain
3 years ago

Just got done listening to Bianca Bosker on the radio on Chris Kimball's "Milk Street" podcast where she talks about the popularity of some YouTube stations where you can watch people cooking, emphasis on the slow, methodical techniques. She specifically referenced "Peaceful Cusine" featuring Ryoya Takashima.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQBG3PzyQKY8ieMG2gDAyOQ

I really like the older style cooking shows, particularly those on PBS without commercial interruptions with a quieter more comprehensive feel of the kitchen. I'd much rather have something like that on 'in the background' when I'm home . . . as opposed to CNN and MSNBC which hubs insists on having on all the time. I used to watch cooking shows on my local PBS station on Saturdays but then they dialed back on them. We can't stream Internet on our TV right now. It's capable but I don't mess with the TV much, it's hub's baby.

As for peaceful cooking, that is not for me. I don't enjoy slow methodical cooking. For me cooking is about the eating, and the faster you can get to that point, the better for me. I like slow eating. My cooking is slap dash. I can do the other kinds, but don't enjoy them. Do them only to get to the results. I might feel differently cooking with someone who enjoyed the process, but hubs is also a "git 'er done" kind of sous chef/cook. He's practically the only one I have ever cooked with.

What's your take? Do you like to watch slow cooking, as opposed to the timed competitions and fast cut stuff? How about a cooking partner, anyone have a great "slow cook" mentor?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!