3 years ago

White.

peanut1959 thanked rayb1
  • JJ
    3 years ago

Burnt orange.

peanut1959 thanked JJ
  • Related Discussions

So what color should I paint this bathroom?

Q

Comments (51)
    Here it is: (The second photo is showing up sideways for me right now -- don't know why.) The color is Opal (BM OC-73). When the guy at the paint store was mixing it up, I asked him what colors were in it, and he said it is a mixture of yellow, maroon, and gray, believe it or not. It sort of shimmers between peachy and a cooler pink, depending on the light in the room. I chose the "pearl" finish. So what do you all think? (And btw, happy new year!)
    ...See More

Has anyone priced out blue tempest/tempest blue quartzite?

Q

Comments (27)
    Tanisha, that is gorgeous. I saw something similar that was called Blue lava (MSI). I didn’t think I wanted blue but the slab was just stunning in person. Thinking it would really stand out with bright white matte shaker cabinets and a plain matte subway tile backsplash to really let this be a statement piece. Have you done the quartzite test on it?
    ...See More

What color should I paint a small bathroom with bone fixtures?

Q

Comments (5)
    A warm white and stage it for showing with colored towels and decor(teal , navy or even red) so it would be easy to change color scheme. Or one of those chameleon color that changes from blue to green or grey depending on light and acceories.
    ...See More

What color should I paint my bathroom?

Q

Comments (10)
    A warm off white would look very nice and was my initial thought. It's often my first thought for wall colour these days and I hesitate to suggest it because I worry it's a cop out of some kind. :P Get a test sample jar/can of whatever you're considering and paint it on a few inexpensive art canvas boards so you can try it out on all walls. Take your time to see the colour throughout a sunny and gloomy day's light.
    ...See More
  • Lindsey_CA
    3 years ago

Cream or light tan

peanut1959 thanked Lindsey_CA
  • AJCN
    3 years ago

White or a stained cabinet using a stain that matches the rusty-brown color in the stone. There's white in the stone too, so that would work. Don't do blue, gray, black, or any other color. I think that would make for a very dark, gloomy bathroom. What kind of natural light do you have? That will make a big difference. Also, you'll want very neutral, light paint; doesn't necessarily have to be plain white, but light and neutral.

peanut1959 thanked AJCN
  • AJCN
    3 years ago

OMG burnt orange would be the worst. Don't do that. Maybe that was a joke by JJ.

peanut1959 thanked AJCN
  • AJCN
    3 years ago

Cream or tan vanity paint would just look washed out. Don't go for any medium color that is in the stone. Do white that matches the white in the stone, or stain (not brown paint) one or two shades lighter than the brown in the stone would be best if you decide to do stain. Neutral/very light greige and quiet (no movement) floor tile. After you decide on the cabinet color, then you can pick shower tile, color of knobs, pulls, and fixtures.

peanut1959 thanked AJCN
  • AJCN
    3 years ago

Also, it really really helps to see the stone horizontally. At stone yards the slabs are always standing up of course. But they look different when they are horizonal. See if you can get a reasonably sized sample and bring it home, place it horizontal in your bathroom, in your lighting and try to visualize white or stained vanity below it. Even if they give you a small sample, you can make photo copies of it on your printer and tape together several pieces of paper to make a larger "sample."

peanut1959 thanked AJCN
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you for all your comments. I’m going to try to get the tile I picked out for shower and the river rock I’m using and post with this to see what all of you think. . Im leaning towards the cream or charcoal . i did go with the gold hardware. Thanks so much really appreciate the pictures, they really help Beth.

• D Walker
    3 years ago

I’m with Beth... any of her selections would look lovely with that stone. Beautiful choice, btw!

peanut1959 thanked D Walker
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 years ago

peanut1959 thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • girlwithponytail
    3 years ago

That is one gorgeous slab!! My first thought would be a charcoal vanity—Iron Ore would be stunning. Please keep us posted!

peanut1959 thanked girlwithponytail
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What is Iron Ore? Beverly is the cabinets you sent a picture of charcoal? Thanks everyone!

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Just looked up iron ore, if I go with that color what color walls would you do and tile for floor? A lot to consider! Really appreciate everyone’s input!

• RedRyder
    3 years ago

Love the Iron Ore choice. Go soft on the walls. Maybe Beth can suggest a wall color too. What are your floors? What a fantastic stone to make a bathroom look special.

peanut1959 thanked RedRyder
  • One Devoted Dame
    3 years ago

Navy was my first thought. :-) Although, I like the wood selections Miss Beth suggested, too!

peanut1959 thanked One Devoted Dame
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

Iron Ore would be similar to this top vanity. maybe a bit darker.

as for the walls, all depends on the flooring and other tile choices. we haven't seen the bathroom, don't know if there is a window, don't know what style you're going with (modern, traditional, double vanity, etc) don't know if you plant on taking up the granite up the back for the backsplash, or if your tiling the wall,,

iron ore is pretty versatile

I just saw this Granite Peak color. I'm liking that one too.

depending on the size of the room and the other tile colors, if you do dark on the vanity, I'd prob go w/one of the whites or lighter grays on the wall (Passive might be a nice match. Drift of Mist looks like a cool light gray once on the walls)

if you did Granite Peak on the vanity, maybe you could do some darker colors, or pick a dark tile.

these are two tiles I did for a small bathroom remodel. they would both look nice w/your stone

Other color combos

some other taupe/gray choices that may look better on the walls. or, even the vanity.

peanut1959 thanked Beth H. :
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Beth for all your help. I’m going to post the tile we went with in the shower and the tile on the floor . I’m going to ask them to send me a picture. I forgot to take one. It’s a master but only a small window for light. I will post them on Monday. You’ve been a big help thank you ! Thanks to all of you in helping me make such a big decision!

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Beverly what color is that vanity that you posted? That looks vet pretty too. I just posted my tile for floor and shower on another thread. Please take a look and tell me what all of you think. Really appreciate your help.

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

What color are the cabinets? I did start another thread with the tile I picked out for the floor and shower. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks so much!

• tozmo1
    3 years ago

This is an absolutely stunning slab and I love the ideas Beth has put forth but I'm wondering how large your bathroom vanity is. The slab is stunning because we are seeing it in total with all its wonderful color variations but it has a large "repeat" (to use a fabric term) that might get lost if cut in small pieces with cutouts for sink(s). How will the vanity be cut out? What colors will you actually see once it's fabricated? The left side of the slab looks quite different from the right side. A skilled fabricator will make this work, but I'm concerned once it's cut up, it won't have the same effect. Just my opinion.

peanut1959 thanked tozmo1
  • Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    3 years ago

Another vote for navy. Neat stone.

peanut1959 thanked Anna (6B/7A in MD)
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

My vanity is about 94 inches so it’s a nice size. I posted my tile that I’m using with it on another thread. Please let me know what you think, and if it works together.Really need help with this decision. Can’t decide!

• Anna (6B/7A in MD)
    3 years ago

You should post a link here to the thread you've mentioned. It helps those attempting to assist you by avoiding the need to jump from thread to thread.

peanut1959 thanked Anna (6B/7A in MD)
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Anna I didn’t know you could do that.I’m new to this. The grey tile is what I’m thinking for my floor and The white tile and glass decorative is what I’m thinking for the shower. Please let me know what All of you think now that I posted the other pieces. Still can’t decide on color for the. Cabinets or walls. It’s Hard!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago

peanut, I don't care for that floor tile. not w/your shower choice, or the slab choice.

any left over slab material? perhaps you could do one wall of it in your shower, and surround it w/white tile. I don't really like that other one for your walls. they're too diff to use w/this slab.

See how much leftover material you're going to get.

But, go look at Tilebar and get some samples. you can do better for floor tiles

If you want to go light, do something simple like these (you get 5 samples for $5)

Cavatina Corda

Inspira Light Silver

https://www.tilebar.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sasha

or go w/the darker colors if you choose a lighter vanity:

Sasha^ below: Bond Indigo matte porcelain

here is their bathroom tile.

https://www.tilebar.com/collection/tile-mosaic-sub-categories/bathroom-categories.html

for larger floor tiles, try this link

https://www.tilebar.com/collection/tile-mosaic-sub-categories/large-format-tile.html

they even have a porcelain tile that resembles your countertop!

https://www.tilebar.com/imagine-stone-azur-24x48-matte-porcelain-tile.html

comes in a white w/blue veining, this might work for your shower walls

https://www.tilebar.com/imagine-stone-calablu-24x48-polished-porcelain-tile.html

Although, I really like this porcelain Calacatta blue! this is pretty. and it's 24x48. perfect for the walls. comes in a 2x2 mosaic, and a 3x12 subway tile!

https://www.tilebar.com/calacatta-azur-24x48-polished-porcelain-tile.html

you need to make a decision on the vanity color before picking a floor tile

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks Beth, appreciate your honesty.

• Missi (4b IA)
    3 years ago

I love the ideas Beth posted

peanut1959 thanked Missi (4b IA)
  • RedRyder
    3 years ago

Beth’s observation that your floor and shower walls may clash with your stone are dead on. When you pick such a fabulous, eye-catching feature, the other parts of the room have to take a back seat. Less movement in the floor is critical here. Pick the floor and shower walls first since paint comes in more variations than tiles.

• PRO
    MARGARITA BRAVO
    3 years ago

Below are some of our bathroom designs. Note the color of the vanities.

New-Build Home: Bathroom · More Info

Bathrooms · More Info

Golden Renovation: Bathroom · More Info

peanut1959 thanked MARGARITA BRAVO
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    3 years ago

this is what we decided to go with. The darker grey tile is going to be the floor. The lighter grey is the shower with the pebble grey for the floor of the showerAlso the medium gray smaller square will be for the seat. . We’re going with the dark swatch( called porpoise) for the cabinets., I’ll post the finish look once it’s done. Thanks so much for all your help. Very happy with our final decision.

• Max Bruno
    3 years ago

Brown would be nice

peanut1959 thanked Max Bruno
  • RedRyder
    3 years ago

Your new choices look good! I like that color for the cabinet.

• June Sanderson
    2 years ago

Do you have any finished photos?

• June Sanderson
    2 years ago

I’m just starting with the same granite!

• PRO
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi June, I do have photos. give me your email and I'll send them to you. I used a dark grey/charcoal for cabinets . It looks really nice.

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

June I used the color porpoise for the cabinets. I did post a picture of all the tile as well that I used above in a post. We did it in our bathroom

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

peanut, can you post the finished picture here in comments? I'd like to see what you did

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi Beth , with your guidance I chose porpoise color with my granite. I live the way it turned out!

• RedRyder
    2 years ago

That is just stunning! The stone is still the star of your bathroom. Great color for the vanity! I’m also a fan of mini chandeliers in bathrooms - nice touch. Enjoy!

• Nancy in Mich
    2 years ago

Oooo! Pretty! You made your stone the star (as you should). I admire the way you managed to use cream colored walls and gray in the same room and make it look right!

May we see the rest of the room? Did you use your slab in the shower at all? Curb top, pony wall top? Niche?

peanut1959 thanked Nancy in Mich
  • peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The wall color is actually grey mist. it depends on the lighting if it looks more grey or cream.

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

thats a picture of the tile in the shower and the slab on the top of the half wall. not sure if you can actually see the colors of the river stones. Thanks for the compliments !

• peanut1959
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 years ago

peanut, nice job! love the color w/the countertop. and the other tiles go perfectly.