Fromage Fort - many thanks to whoever taught me about it
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
Related Discussions
update: wow thanks! i wanted that swap #5
Comments (151)OFFERS TODAY: Tuesday Feb 10, 09 1 offer Bi-color Mixed varieties? 1 offer Watermelon Sugar Baby 1 offer Melon: Honey Dew 4 offers Maltese Cross 1 offer Watermelon Jubilee 1 offer Large Pear Shaped Tomato 1 offer Passion Flower Passiflora caerulea yr unknown Comm. pk 1 offer Lavatera Mont Blanc Annual yr unknown Comm. pk Full Sun 1 offer Euphorbe Summer Icicle Annual yr unknown Comm. Pk Sun to Part Shade 1 offer Thyme (Organics Biologique) Comm.pk yr unknown 1 offer Lettuce Mesclun Bon Vivant yr hand written on it 2008 1 offer Dill Chia Brand Herbs Comm year unknown 1 offer Morning Glory Heavenly Blue Comm yr unknown 1 offer Tomato Brandywine (Oragnic Biologique) yr marked out 1 offer Castor Bean feels like 4 seeds comm. pk unknown yr 1 offer Tomato could be black no other info 1 offer Heirloom Tomato Basinga 2006 1 offer Isis Yellow Flag 2 offer Asclepias Soulmate Pink zone 3-9 Please note I have NO clue what the first one might even remotely be, your guess is as good as mine! Also remember anything you are requesting could be on your list and if I have put one pack in your bag already and you request these extras too, then you have 2 I will not pull the first pack or the requested. It would be too confusing to try to keep up wiith I think so you will just have 2 lol. :) Fran...See Morefinally...our completed masterbath! many pics
Comments (64)Thanks for your kind comments! Trish... I am so sorry that Sandy affected you and your home in such a major way. I hope that things are going as smoothly as possible as you try to put things back together. To deal with all of that with a busy two year old must be especially challenging. I absolutely love my tile and its warm somewhat rustic appearance so I'm glad that you like it too. I did some checking for you and have some info which I hope will be helpful. I sourced my tile from my local Virginia Tile store in Michigan. They would ship to NY but that would be hugely expensive, of course. I googled Edimax distributors in NY and came up with a couple who told me that they don't carry Material Forte and Westchester Tile in Scarsdale which told me that the Materia Forte was being discontinued(!) I quickly called my Virginia Tile rep who had not heard anything about that and was still expecting shipments within the next month. Checking further, I found the AllStone Boston Design Center that carries Edimax tile. The good news is they ship from a warehouse in New Jersey so that might be reasonable to consider. I spoke with Lauren Maggio who was very helpful and suggested that you contact her (lauren@allstone.net) with details about the sizes and quantity that you'd be interested in and that she could order a tile sample for you. Their phone number is 617-737-2200. Depending on the size tiles that you're considering, I wouldn't be too hesitant to order tile in this way. We found that, by doing the usual mixing of boxes, we were happy with all of the large tiles and how they blended together. The 4 x 4's were a different story however because they had much more variation in tones and because they were a tumbled tile with uneven edges... some of them were very, very uneven. We ordered way more than we needed and picked out the best ones to use. I hope that helps... please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions that I might be able to answer. I'd love to hear what you decide to do and look forward to seeing pictures of your room....See MoreHow many childhood verses do you remember?
Comments (68)interesting how the rhymes change over time & distance.. We chanted the "Cinderella" jump rope rhyme a bit different: Cinderella dressed in yella went upstairs to kiss her fella. made a mistake, kissed a snake. How many doctors did it take? & there's one that I came across, don't know *anybody* else who remembers it, but I've always liked it. A little seed lay in the ground & soon began to sprout. "Now which of the flow'rs all around" it mused, "shall I turn out?" The lily's face is fair & proud but just a trifle cold. The rose, I think, is rather loud, & then its fashion's old." & so it mused the livelong day, this supercilious seed, til it emerged one day in May & found itself...a weed. I always remember that little rhyme when I run across a critic!...See MoreAbout voting...
Comments (11)We all grow up with something our parents did, or said, or didn't do or say, that profoundly influences us for life. Hopefully for the better! For me, it was that my mother *always* voted. Always. Regardless of how inconsequential or inconvenient it was, she did not miss her opportunity to cast a vote in every election from local reps to the President. And she taught me that voting is not only a privilege, it is a sacred responsibility that each of us carries within ourselves as citizens. So I vote in each and every election; every primary, every boring no-competition race, every time. I think of my mom and I do it in part to honor her ideals and her integrity. And I do it because it is so important. I'm very proud and pleased that both our children also vote consistently. And it's one of my longest and deepest disappointments that my husband does not--he literally owns the button that reads 'I don't vote, it only encourages them' and I tell him with regularity that if he doesn't vote, I'm not going to listen or discuss politics or problems with those elected officials because he has no right to an opinion! So this is my own line in the sand-everybody is responsible for voting. No excuses and no reasons are sufficient in my mind to excuse any one....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

FALL GARDENINGWhat Monarch Butterflies Taught Me About Garden Design
Thinking like a butterfly leads to fresh perspectives in the garden and in life
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What Has Mom Taught You About Making a Home?
Whether your mother taught you to cook and clean or how to order takeout and let messes be, we'd like to hear about it
Full Story
LIFEThe Beautiful Thing About Dad's Chair
My father had his own spot in the house. His father had his own spot. Now I have mine
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHouzz Call: Tell Us About Your First Kitchen
Great or godforsaken? Ragtag or refined? We want to hear about your younger self’s cooking space
Full Story
TREE HOUSESHouzz Call: Show Us Your Well-Designed Treehouse or Tree Fort!
Got a great treehouse or tree fort? We want to see it! Post yours in the Comments and we’ll feature the best in a future article
Full Story
WORKING WITH PROS10 Things Decorators Want You to Know About What They Do
They do more than pick pretty colors. Here's what decorators can do for you — and how you can help them
Full Story
FUN HOUZZGuessing Game: What Might Our Living Rooms Say About Us?
Take a shot on your own or go straight to just-for-fun speculations about whose homes these could be
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEWhat to Know About Controlling Dust During Remodeling
You can't eliminate dust during construction, but there are ways to contain and remove as much of it as possible
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Downsizing for Loft Living in Fort Lauderdale
A focus on entertaining guests, Haitian art and paring down dictates this loft's uncluttered design
Full Story
MOST POPULARThe Not Naturally Organized Parent's Guide to the Holidays
This year get real about what you can and cannot handle, and remember the joys of spending time with the ones you love
Full Story
neely