SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glowgirlinto

Whole house paint scheme

Laura
3 years ago

I’m struggling with how to mix 2-3 warm greige/grey neutrals for our new house. I only need to pick the main foyer/hallway colour at this point, but it has to be right the first time around so I want to have a pretty good plan in place for what I’m using in other rooms.

Renovations start the day after we take possession so I don’t have much time to view wall samples in person. So far, I like Revere Pewter, Collingwood, and Cumulus Cloud. We have Stone Harbour in our current place and I’ve come to love it too.

Foyer faces east, is 18’ and opens into large hallways both upstairs and down. There is a decent amount of light -both natural and artificial. My though was to paint foyer/hallway in a more saturated colour and then do some of the adjoining rooms (face south & west) in lighter colours. A few rooms will have bolder walls.

The rug from IKEA in the picture is my happy place in terms of colours so I’m using it for inspiration.

All trim/ceilings will be Simply White
Dark accents are Chelsea Gray and Van Deusen Blue
I love Silver Mink (or something similar perhaps with a wink more green)

I’m lost on what to do with the neutrals. Do I pick one of the ones I love and then do adjoining rooms in other colours on the same strip? I assume I want to mix based on similar undertones? What if the colour I like doesn’t have a colour strip to pick from?

Comments (5)