SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xianjing_hu22

What interior design style goes with this exterior?

Gin H
3 years ago

I've always been in love with modern, sleek or even minimalist design styles. Nevertheless, we ended up buying a distressed brick colonial house:

(By the way, can someone tell me what architecture style this is? I searched around some and the closest I could find is Colonial Revival. Or maybe French Provincial? It's asymmetrical though.)

Now I'm trying to figure out a style for the interior. The interior walls are simply drywall / plaster, and some wood; not brick. There are intricate crown moldings all around. It looks like an European country house to me, however I'd like to try to avoid making it look too much like a "grandma's house", if you know what I mean - with too many touches of antiques, or too much detail; if possible I'd like to still incorporate some simplicity or even modern feel to it, without clashing with the overall rusted feel of the house. The Modern Farmhouse style still feels too "country" to me. I guess I'm looking for something that's 1/3 rustic, 1/3 elegant and 1/3 modern, harmoniously blended together. What would such a style be called?

Any ideas welcome!

Comments (11)