SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sooz_gw123

R.I.P. 2ManyDiversions

Sooz
3 years ago

It is with great sadness that I tell you we've lost another one of our own.

2ManyDiversions passed away a few days ago, surrounded with love.

She sat at the sacred table and fought the good fight...twice.

Her husband has asked me to tell you that she had emails in the works, to send to those of you who had personal correspondence with her, but she never finished them and her email account has since been closed & he has no access to them. Not a lot of people knew her illness had returned, as she was a very private person.

Please write a memory or something you remember about 2Many. I hope to have a handmade book created with those memories, to send to her husband.

Godspeed, 2ManyDiversions. You will be well and truly missed.

Comments (59)

• neely
    3 years ago

Nooo, this is very sad shocking news. She was a delight to read. Such a kind hearted, generous person and cook. To her family, my condolences for this dreadful loss.

Sooz thanked neely
  • sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    3 years ago

I will not post her last e-mail to me since it was personal. I hope her husband, (so supportive he was!), so hope he has the conversations she shared with others. He was so supportive in her struggle in this horrid destructive family FU and disruptive killers of family core basic daily life full of gardening and love of the basic simple lives we live. We all deserve the most simple grounded love with those so close to us. Sobbing here. FU cancer.

Her husband was such a good support companion. Love him and his compassion through her struggles.

Sooz thanked sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
  • Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

This is sad news and my heart breaks for her family. RIP 2Many

Sooz thanked Lukki Irish
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

My deepest sympathy for the family. She will be missed by many.

Sooz thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • lizbeth-gardener
    3 years ago

I'm saddened to hear this. She was such a delight and always so willing to share her cooking and artistic talent. She truly had a way with words and entertained us with her remodeling and gardening adventures. She added so much to our forum; she will be missed. My heartfelt condolences to her family-she was a gem!

Sooz thanked lizbeth-gardener
  • Chessie
    3 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Did not follow her and was not aware of her illness, but I sure saw many of her posts. She seemed like a sweet person. My condolences to the family.

Sooz thanked Chessie
  • rosewitch
    3 years ago

This is so heartbreaking. Back in April we shared a few emails as she was so kindly helping me in my search for hand sanitizer. As a Pulmonary Hypertension patient with an IV port in my chest and pump giving treatment 24/7; I use sanitizer for every pump and dressing change. I was getting low and worried about finding new stock and she hooked me up with the link to more. She touched briefly on her cancer story. I also so enjoyed all her amazing food posts. Praying and sending heartfelt condolences to her family. She will be so missed.

Sooz thanked rosewitch
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Sad news - RIP. She appears to have been well loved, and certainly was active around here with nice things to contribute.

I feel like an outsider when these type of posts appear, and often hesitate to join in, since I came to these ThatHomeSite! forums more recently than many others, but I'm a GardenWebber from way back - mid 90s. I often wonder what's happened to a number of long time members from the past. This is the oldest social media platform I still enjoy. It's good to see how kind and caring members are to each other.

Sooz thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

OMG! Nooooo!! Damn this upsets me. I'm so choked up, with tears in my eyes. I was thinking of her the other day and feared for the worst.

We too had exchanged several emails. Lengthy, thoughtful and funny. She was very private, she told me her first name and I'd never post it publicly (nor anyone's if asked not to).

My fervent wish was to take a trip to Tennessee and visit her. We said we were going to sit on her back porch, drink wine and laugh and cry with each other.

She had such a wit, I loved, loved reading her posts and emails.

She will always hold a special place in my heart as she did hubby's photo and message for me.

Is there an obit or anything?

Sooz thanked Jasdip
  • lily316
    3 years ago

Well, this is sad news, What a delightful person she was and so upbeat even with a dire diagnosis. I hope her end was peaceful. There should be more lovely people in the world like her. Condolences to her family.

Sooz thanked lily316
  • foodonastump
    3 years ago

I always wondered where 2MD came from. One day a couple years ago I noticed her posts and it seemed like she had been here forever. Always kind, entertaining, engaging. Seemed so busy with life that it’s hard to think she was battling serious illness at the same time. I’m sure she’ll be missed by many. Condolences to her husband and family.

Sooz thanked foodonastump
  • patriciae_gw
    3 years ago

So sad. What energy she had and interest in life all the while fighting so hard. I know how that is. It is always the best that go so soon. Sympathy to her family.

Sooz thanked patriciae_gw
  • nickel_kg
    3 years ago

Sad news. My condolences to her family.

Sooz thanked nickel_kg
  • Lars
    3 years ago

This makes me very sad, and I was unaware that she had been ill, but I did notice that she had not posted much in the last year or two.

She was one of my favorite people on the Cooking Forum, and she impressed me as being a wonderful, talented person with a great sense of humor. I was also very impressed with her dessert making skills. I truly wish I had had the chance to meet her in person, as she came across as perfectly delightful. She seemed to be very modest for someone with her skills, and I also found her to be very supportive of others and very generous.

Truly a great loss that she is gone😥.

Sooz thanked Lars
  • shirl36
    3 years ago

Oh no!! Such sad news!! I have wondered about her of late, no posts and knew she had health issues.

My deepest sympathy to all her family.

Seemed not long ago she was posting all the lusciously popsicles she had made and had pictured them with beautiful backgrounds. She had such a flare with words.....her posts so beautifully stated. Her enthusiasm will be greatly missed.

Sooz thanked shirl36
  • graywings123
    3 years ago

I did not know 2MD here, but after reading the link in Lars' post about her dessert making skills, I realize I missed out on knowing someone really special. There were posts in that thread from a couple others who are now gone.

Sooz thanked graywings123
  • cooper8828
    3 years ago

I really thought she was funny and had a great storytelling gift. It was obvious she loved life. Deepest condolences to her family.

Sooz thanked cooper8828
  • Lars
    3 years ago

I think her dessert creations were an impressive labor of love💖

Her family must feel a huge sense of loss, and I too send them my deepest condolences.

Sooz thanked Lars
  • bragu_DSM 5
    3 years ago

A great contributor and a blessed soul ...

ETA

a link to the best of 2md

Sooz thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • ediej1209 AL Zn 7
    3 years ago

Oh nooo. My heart is breaking. I had noticed there were no recent posts from her but assumed she was in the middle of treatments. I know we will all miss her. Thank you, Sooz, for letting us know.

Sooz thanked ediej1209 AL Zn 7
  • colleenoz
    3 years ago

Oh, what sad news...I was unaware 2Many was so ill. I loved her posts on the Cooking Forum. The world is a poorer place :-(.

Condolences to her family and friends, I hope they can find solace in their happy memories of 2Many.

Sooz thanked colleenoz
  • ghostlyvision
    3 years ago

This is such sad news, I didn't correspond with her but loved reading her in-depth threads, so much detail and delight for whichever food subject she was exploring. I always thought she might be a professional writer, her threads and pictures were so well done. Will so miss reading her, much sympathy to her husband, family and friends.

Sooz thanked ghostlyvision
  • abzzybee
    3 years ago

Very sad news indeed. I did not know her but enjoyed her beautiful pictures, descriptions of food and recipes she shared. She always was kind, self deprecating in her tongue in cheek way and always inspired me to try new foods.

She'll be missed and my heart goes out to her family and to all who knew her better than I did.

Sooz thanked abzzybee
  • Lars
    3 years ago

Another thing I remember about her was how gracious she was and how she always made a point of thanking everyone who responded to her questions and who tried to help her. More than almost anyone else, she made me feel appreciated for sharing my recipes, tips, and information. This meant so much to me, and I will always think of her as an extremely special person, even though we never met.

The forums will be so different without her.

Sooz thanked Lars
  • Solsthumper
    3 years ago

I would like to extend my heartfelt sympathy to her husband and all who loved this wonderfully charming woman ♥

Sol

Sooz thanked Solsthumper
  • annie1992
    3 years ago

I also exchanged personal emails with her and knew that her last treatment wasn't going well. I had planned to meet her when we go to visit Elery's family in Tennessee, but COVID stopped any summer plans for that to happen.

I sent her some seeds and we had a couple of long email discussions about gardening and difficult family members and people who wouldn't wear masks and a lot of other "stuff".

She was smart and tough, and the world is a colder place without her. I'll miss her a lot.

Annie

Sooz thanked annie1992
  • Islay Corbel
    3 years ago

Such sad news that such a gracious and delightful lady has gone. My heartfelt condolences to her family. Such kind people as her touch others with a sort of fairy dust of happiness that is rare.

Sooz thanked Islay Corbel
  • party_music50
    3 years ago

I am very sad to read this. My condolences to her family and friends.

Sooz thanked party_music50
  • wintercat_gw
    3 years ago

You put it so well, Islay.

I think you expressed my feelings better than I managed to do myself.

Sooz thanked wintercat_gw
  • cloudy_christine
    3 years ago

So sorry. She was lovely and wrote very entertaining posts. What I remember most is her absolutely incredible skill with sugar. She was an artist.

Sooz thanked cloudy_christine
  • John Liu
    3 years ago

It was very kind of her husband to think of her friends here, in this terrible time. Goodbye, and thank you, 2ManyDiversions.

Sooz thanked John Liu
  • bcskye
    3 years ago

My sincere condolences go out to her family. She contributed so much here and will truly be missed.

Sooz thanked bcskye
  • maddielee
    3 years ago

I am so sorry. I am mostly sorry that I did not ‘know’ her. I do remember her custard thread and how generous she was with sharing her photos and knowledge. Condolences to those who love her.

Sooz thanked maddielee
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

This is such a tremendous loss to our little online community. I'm so sad, and cried for the loss of such a bright light.

In my emails to her, I often started with 'hello Sunshine" and she always laughed. She was such a bright spirit, she made her writing feel like we were all right there in her kitchen, at her birthday party, celebrating whatever she was making, right there with her.

I kept hoping to see her start a thread in recent weeks, just so I knew she was okay.

2MD you are truly missed.

Sooz thanked Jasdip
  • artemis_ma
    3 years ago

2Many, this is sad to hear, and we are all affected in our separate ways. I did not know her well, but I did enjoy her posts and her generous sense of positivity.

Sooz thanked artemis_ma
  • mercurygirl
    3 years ago

I haven't been here much lately and am very sad to read this. Ditto to what you all have written about her kindness and wit. She will certainly be fondly remembered here, and my condolences to her loved ones.

Sooz thanked mercurygirl
  • l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

I'm not one of the better cooks around here who has a lot of experience with her recipes, but i want to tell 2ManyD's family that she will be missed, that I share your loss, and I won't forget her legacy of kindness and cooking enthusiasm. Cooking for so many is love made tangible. I am so sorry for your loss at this difficult time! BIG HUG and loving thoughts to you all.

Sooz thanked l pinkmountain
  • KatieC
    3 years ago

Awww, I am sorry to hear this. I haven't been around much the last couple of years but I did enjoy 2MD posts. My condolences to her family.

As a 2x cancer survivor I get not survivor guilt, but a weird kind of angry when when someone loses the battle.

Sooz thanked KatieC
  • Islay Corbel
    3 years ago

KatieC I'm with you on that.

Sooz thanked Islay Corbel
  • dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    3 years ago

2ManyDiversions and I have something in common. We are both involved in many diversions.

I was about to share with her a new method I have developed which will give much better results growing figs in cold climate zones.

We were to do have some food plating fun.

I have been enjoying her popsicles all summer.

-------

I will miss her.

dcarch

Sooz thanked dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
  • jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
    3 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. She was a really sweet person and although I did not have that many conversations with her I felt like I knew her anyway. My condolences to her family.

Sooz thanked jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
  • Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
    3 years ago

I am really sorry to hear this. I've only been here a short time, but felt I knew her as well. I remember her birthday celebration and her popsicles.

Sooz thanked Lynda (Zn9b/23 - Central CA Coast)
  • Sooz
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks to everyone for posting. I hope to get started on the "Memory" book within a week. I hope that it will bring 2ManyDiversions' hubby some solace, rather than more raw pain he already feels at her passing.

• joann_fl
    3 years ago

Was she a KT member? I never heard of her. Should I post her in the empty chairs?

Sooz thanked joann_fl
  • Jasdip
    3 years ago

JoAnn, she popped in here periodically, but was an active member on the Cooking Forum.

Sooz thanked Jasdip
  • Sooz
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Joann_fl, it would be lovely to include 2ManyDiversions, as we don't have a section for Empty Chairs over at the Cooking Forum and many of us also frequent The Kitchen Table, but I'll leave that up to you. Thank you.

• joann_fl
    3 years ago

I added her to the list in the empty chairs. The Empty Chairs

Sooz thanked joann_fl
  • Sooz
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you, joann_fl, for including 2Many Diversions. She passed away in September.

• sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
    3 years ago

We all deal with loss our own way. No method is wrong. I'm cynical when I'm told to follow a method via a church, via a web site member. And a loved one suffering...

Let us do our own way for honoring our friends. My way. Do not muffle me.

I know she loved this song.

This is for all losses, all loss even years past, not just recent...

Sooz thanked sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)
Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County