Cabbage soup recipe

Jasdip

I've made cabbage soup for a number of years. Mine calls for hamburger (which I often leave out), tomatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots.

Years and years ago I made one which I've been craving, but I lost the recipe long ago. It was lighter, no tomatoes, and I think it probably had beef broth. No potatoes either. It was a lighter soup, which is what I'm craving. It might have had some roast beef chunks in it, though. Do any of you make cabbage soup without tomatoes and potatoes?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizbeth-gardener

Jasdip, you might do a search for Weight Watcher's soups. They have a cabbage soup that has broth and their zero point vegetable soup also contains cabbage. I have eaten the zero point and think it is very good.

disclaimer: I have no affiliation with WW.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
l pinkmountain

I made some this past week with Italian sausage, white beans, and cabbage. It had chicken broth but I think beef or vegetable broth could be used depending on what taste you like. Also had onion, celery and carrot, the classic trio. I added some additional Italian seasoning and garlic and some white wine. Topped with parmesean. Better the second day . . . would have been good with some chopped tomato also . . . I also added kale.

I make a meat free borscht with beets, carrots, onions, cabbage, celery, dill and lemon juice. I have also made mushroom barley soup with dill and cabbage along with onion, celery and carrot. Mine is meatless but meat broth could be used along with whatever bits of meat you like . . .

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Cool-Season Crops Cool-Season Vegetables: How to Grow Cabbage
Give soups and stews an unbeatably fresh flavor with this ever-popular fall garden favorite
Full Story
Fall and Thanksgiving Style Recipe: Mantel Decor From the Grocery Store
Create a quick and colorful fall display using artichokes, clementines and cabbage
Full Story
Kitchen Design World of Design: Favorite Recipes From Food Lovers Around the Globe
By Houzz
Travel with your tastebuds and experience for yourself these international foodies' favorite dishes
Full Story
From creating the right design & hiring the best contractor, to protecting you from unexpected costs with our... Read More
Rasmussen Construction is known for their high-end residential remodeling and new build construction servicing... Read More