SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rashmi_jha23

Buying a old 90s house and need advice on how to start

Redmond Home
3 years ago

I am buying a house. Its going to be my 'the' house. It has many things which I do not like and would like to change. (There are many things I like -location, community, approximity etc. ). I do not know where to start. Here are few things I need to change 1. landscape - it is shy of an acre but it is all up and down. I would like to fill dirt and make it plain field - have a pool or tennis court. 2. The whole patio and deck is cumbersome..rather have an outdoor kitchen built with fireplace. 3. Inside it has a wine cellar but I would prefer a sauna....not into wines. 4. Interior design it ..there are few places like formal living is huge but family room is small, there is a corridor space which seems useless and has only one office whereas we need 4 quiet space in these times of quarantine... I need to utilize the spaces well. 5. Bedroom has almost no windows.. whereas we are use to large windows... I love in the morning to sit quietly with the whole window open. But the new use doesn't have one...Hopefully I can create one. 6. Create a gym space with monkey bars, TRX, ropes etc.

Other things like paint outdoor, garage etc.

Will I have to work with several professionals to get this done. Or can I hire someone who can get all the work done. In the houzz I see individual for each work-item. That would be painful.

Comments (14)