SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_17253050496

Bathroom Remodel (Vanity and Tile Ideas)

Jeff B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have attached pictures of my current master bathroom, as well as a secondary bathroom (all bathrooms look the same - colors of vanity, countertop and tile). I thought there was a leak in the wall or vanity causing a musty smell underneath one of the vanities, and you can see in a picture that it has now been removed.

It is now obvious that the musty smell and humidity is coming from underneath the tub structure (red cellophane). If you pull it slightly to the side you get hit in the face with the smell and can feel very high humidity and temperature. So, I am thinking the tub needs to be removed and potentially some of the wall in order to find the issue, whether that be around the window or potentially a bad seal between the vapor barrier and exterior (the wall isn't finished behind the tub structure).

The tile has been discontinued (Emser Genoa Luca), or else I was planning to just refinish the bathroom with removing the built-in tub, completing the tile to the wall, and installing a freestanding tub with new vanities. Since the tile is no longer made and I don't have enough to complete the job (builder did leave a small amount in the attic), I will need to re-do the tile floor, as well as new vanities and freestanding tub. Does anyone have any ideas at a good way to get/find or just know of a tile that will "flow" with the tile in the shower (same Emser Genoa Luca). I am not doing this job because it is something I want to do, so I haven't saved up the money to do a full bathroom remodel. So, I am thinking I could save some money by not redoing the shower tile.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on well-built vanities? I am wanting to change the vanity design to where each one would have 3-4 drawers nearest the wall and then 2 cabinets (instead of the current just 2 cabinet design).

TLDR: Is there an easy way to find/match tile for something that has been discontinued? Does anyone have a tile recommendation to go with Emser Genoa Luca tile if you have seen it before? Is there a well-known and well-built vanity that won't break the bank?

Thank you everyone!

Comments (4)