SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinerae

Mixing Metals... to do or not to do?

christinerae
3 years ago

This is my FIRST ever post on here. We are finally remodeling our bathroom! I am incredibly excited, and also so nervous. We are living in our forever home, and while it will take several years to get it where we want it, we want to try and do everything right the first time. We have Saltillo tile throughout our house, and we can not afford to change this at the time. I have definitely grown to love it, and am working on making it fit with my style (transitional, boho, eclectic, and traditional--think Studio Mcgee meets Anthropologie).

One area I am struggling with is picking the hardware and finishes for our bathroom. I LOVE brass & brushed gold and feel like it complements the Saltillo tile nicely. But I don't know if I should do ALL of the finishes in a brass/brushed gold--would that be overwhelming? Or look silly? I thought about using a polished nickel to mix another metal in, but I am not sure? I don't really feel like it would go as well with the warmer tone of our home because of the Saltillo tile.I know I DO want to match the finish on the sink faucet with the shower/tub fixture. I really like Kohler's Purist Wall Mounted Sink Faucet in Moderne Brushed Gold as well as the coordinating shower/tub fixture. But maybe I should go with a different color here to help add some layer to the finishes?

I also am fairly sure I want to do Calacatta gold marble on our vanity top. But, I don't know much about marble and would be open to suggestions here too, if someone thinks going a different route might be better and help with mixing in metals?

OR, maybe it's okay for me to just use the same finish family throughout?!? Would so love to hear advice, thoughts, and suggestions!! I am attaching my "mood board" to help you see what I am going for!

Comments (5)