SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandchicken1984

Kitchen Lighting Layout Scheme

Dave H
3 years ago

Hi again everyone! Getting ready to drywall the ceiling so last opportunity to move lights around. I am struggling with the best way to place the pennants and recessed lights around the peninsula. Maybe I am focusing too much on symmetry, but I am unsure if the two pennant lights should be centered within the outcropping of the peninsula (four feet long) or the entire stretch of counter to the wall (six feet long). I sketched the lighting out with red being the primary recessed task lights, green being smaller kitchen sink recessed lights, and blue being the pennants. There is also under cabinet lighting for the two wall cabinets, and lighting under the range hood.

If I center with the outcrop I can also center within a rectangle of recessed lights, but the light to the outside edge would only be a few inches from the end of the peninsula.

If I center with the whole peninsula I could get better placement of the pennants but no longer be in line with the recessed lights.

I am going for a fairly utilitarian commercial style look since I am a heavy kitchen user and live by myself. I am considering an Ann Morris style pennant light / pot rack although I would be making something on my own to match it as closely as possible since the real thing is far out of my budget.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (4)