SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
truenorth3030

Help with side walk along the side of the house please

truenorth3030
3 years ago

Before I embark on this project, I want to get some feedback if this any gotchas and the type of paving stone that I can put on or maybe the standard 24 by 24 side by side all the way down. I have seen pictures of some home where people put ~10 inches of river stones beside the house before they put in the slabs, is that to protect water from coming in or is it just for aesthetic? When I moved into this home, there was already plastic water barrier along the wall so maybe that has been done? I just wanted 4-5 feet wide path all along the house so that I can shovel the snow away from the house. I living in a zone 6 region and my area get sandwiched from north and south side of the city. I get a lot of snow in the winter and so it is necessary if I can actually walk through the path and move the snow away from my house. And should I continue the same stones/pavers around the front of the house or is it okay like that? (Please ignore the sticks I've used to keep the Hydrangea tree from tipping over. It will get remove once the tree get stronger).

Right now, there is only limestone on the walking path. There was so much weeds when I first moved in and so what I did temporarily was to put down landscape fabric and then the limestone on top of it to control it but I never finished the job because there was so much to do around this house

:(

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (12)