SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davis_jones

Fulgor Milano Sophia F6PDP30S1 Wall Oven Experiences

Davis Jones
3 years ago

We have narrowed our search down to replace our Fisher Paykel double wall oven. I have run across this oven and can view one on the floor though it is an hour away. My wife is very hesitant to consider an Italian brand oven that is not well known in the US. I would need to work out service via the store who sells these (different state and does not provide service where we live). We are considering the Bluestar double oven (drop down.. french door wont fit in our kitchen) and one of the Thermador Pro versions (with the Rotisserie). The Fulgor appears to be nicely made and is at a significantly better price point. But lower price is only a good thing if the quality remains high. Anyone personal experiences are appreciated.

Comments (25)

• Architectural Notice
    3 years ago

No personal experience on my end and it is difficult to find reviews on-line for this brand although AJMadison has some positive reviews for a 36" free standing dual Fulgor Milano range.

https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/F6PDF366S1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxfaK9_zC6wIVjcDACh0pcAGDEAMYASAAEgIap_D_BwE

My local appliance store stopped carrying some of the foreign brands because of the difficulty of getting parts but a large appliance store near me still carries all the foreign brands.

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks. Long term support is our primary concern, but that is true of every brand to some degree. The irony is we have a dealer about 50 minutes away who sells and services every brand he sells, including Fulgor. He also has a parts department. All that is good.. except he will not provide service this far away (different state as well). I need to talk with him again as he said he has someone who can do this.. just need to see who the someone is.

We are also looking at the Bluestar double oven and one of the Thermador Pro Doubles (with knobs). Both of those are at higher price points (significantly higher). And, if I read about both I get similar mixed bags about service and reliability.

The Fulgor I just cannot get any sense for reliability, how well it works and so forth. At the end of the day it is an oven, and I keep reminding both of us about that. But you hate to spend $4500 or $6900 or $7900 on something only to hate it or to have it fail and not be able to get parts or service. The Fulgor appears to be a decent looking oven. The Bluestar we have seen and same for the Thermador both of which looked well made though is difficult seeing the Thermador being any different oven wise from the Bosch (just nicer looking).

Thanks for the reply. Is appreciated!

• Related Discussions

Bertazini, Bosch, Fulgor Milano Wall ovens

Q

Comments (5)
    Thanks txjoyce. I have decided on the 30" Bosch 500, however, we are in some very difficult negotiations with the store we purchased from. Owner is refusing to take the loud kitchenaid ovens back. He says we should have known about the sound? Buyer beware, if you are looking for appliances in the Portland, Oregon area. AGK2003, I listened to the Viking ovens and the fans were very loud. See if you can hear them live before you purchase. I called Vijking and asked about the decibel rating but the engineer said they do not rate their oven fans. Seems like that is something that should be rated given all the complaints regarding noise. Hope you find what works for you.
    ...See More

Does anyone have a Fulgor Milano Wall Oven?

Q

Comments (0)
    Hey All! Does anyone have a Fulgor Milano Wall Oven? Either Double or Single? What is your experience? Likes? Dislikes? Buy again if you had to? Thank you
    ...See More

Fulgor Milano Wall Oven and Induction Cooktop

Q

Comments (3)
    I just bought a Bosch induction cooktop. I researched extensively and the Bosch is highly rated for reliability which is important to me. I opted for the Bosch Benchmark because it has features that I wanted such as the Flexmation portion which means that I am not confined to making sure my pots fit closely when using that portion of the cooktop.It is pricier than the Bosch 500 or 800 series obviously :-) I am completely unfamiliar with the wall ovens and am only getting one wall oven. However, my understanding is that many people with two wall ovens get a steam combi type of oven rather than two ovens that are functionally equivalent. FWIW, I opted for a Bosch side opening oven because of its ergonomic advantages for me.
    ...See More

Looking for wall oven with no electronics - knobs only

Q

Comments (13)
    Actually, there is ONE that I know of. It is made by Bluestar but is not sold under the Bluestar name. They make it for the Big Chill brand as a basic chassis which Big Chill then modifies with a retro body panel style. It appears to have all analog controls. I am very drawn to this, but unfortunately, I chose not to purchase these. And it's because they don't have Bluestar model numbers or part numbers. They use Big Chill model nomenclature and getting service for these is nearly impossible. Many appliance technicians use accounts at part suppliers but I believe that Big Chill handles their own parts supply which they alone are a source for. Before buying ANY appliance, you always want to investigate service and part availability in your area. While there might be 'some' large metro areas with service, most areas in N. America would be challenging to get this serviced. Here is the link to Big Chill. These ovens are lovely. If only service was not so challenging, I would be recommending them to clients and would have bought 2 for myself!! Big Chill Electric Wall Oven
    ...See More
  • wdccruise
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Or you could save $2500:

---------

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks and interesting but not the same oven. Controls though look very similar, so there may be some electronics sharing. Something to read about to see what may be shared. Could certainly explain how Fulgor has achieved a lower than expected price point though!

• Laura Mac
    3 years ago

Davis, what did you choose? The Fulgor Milano line is gorgeous and I'm considering it as well.

• Laura Mac
    3 years ago

John, thanks for confirming and glad you are enjoying it!

• John Davis
    3 years ago

Laura, this is where I posted our Fulgor information on here www.houzz.com/discussions/5983148/bluestar-double-electric-oven-question#25970126 including photos. The fit and finish is really nice. I especially appreciate the inside of the doors not having any gaps for food and stuff to get into. It has the ability for you to program the default temperature for every cooking type which can save a little time. So far so good!

• Wendy
    2 years ago

Hi! Just read your post on Fulgor. Are you still liking your appliances? We are getting ready to order and unsure not too many reviews on Fulgor ranges/induction. Anything is helpful!!

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Wendy, so far so good. Absolutely no problems since we had it installed. The fit and finish is excellent, and cooking wise we have no complaints. We sort opf got to Fulgor by a process of elimination, but happy we ended up there. The only item we bought was their double oven but it has done everything well we have tried with it. I would buy it again if I needed another double oven. Hope this helps!

• Suzanne Giomi
    2 years ago

Hi Davis

any loud cooling fan noise with the FM? i have read about loud ovens all over this website and just could not live with loud fan noise, especially on an expensive oven. as a bonus the fulgor milanos are very pretty

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Suzanne, this is a little tough to answer since loud is subjective, and certain sounds bother some of us more than others. With that in mind, I can say this. The oven in this house when we bought it was a Fisher and Paykal, and the fans in that over were LOUD. They also ran for about 30 minutes following when the over was turned off. Our kitchen is not super open to the family room, and the TV would ahve to be turned up to block the sound.

In contrast, the Fulgor fans can be heard when in the kitchen, but I would not describe them as loud. Physics of course dictates some level of sound, and the fan sound is audible. But I would not describe it as overly loud or obnoxious. Much much quieter than what we had previously. The sound just does not boither me, or require us to raise our voices and so forth. When in family room, we do not hear it.

I hope this helps. Very subjective topic though, given what is loud to me may not be to another person. Neither of us have ever made a coment regarding the fan noise level, whereas before both of us noticed it.

Good luck! We are very happy with the Fulgor. It has performed very well for us!

• Suzanne Giomi
    2 years ago

@Davis Jones. Thanks Davis. the F & P is another one we are considering, someone else on houzz said it wasn’t noisy. was yours an old or new one?

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    2 years ago

We did not build this home, so am guessing the previous F&P oven was 2009 vintage. If so, it lived for about 10 years before dying beyond repair. The fans on ours may well have been loud for just that model, but they were very loud. Obviously, newer models may be a lot quieter.

It can be difficult to invest in a product that you cannot really try before you buy so to speak. I agonized a bit over which oven, and knew FM was a bit of an unknown. I drove over an hour to see one, and once I saw it, felt the doors, knobs, and saw the refinement, etc. the decision became easier. Then, a local seller became a dealer, and from there the decision was easier.

I feel certain we could have bought other ovens and been equally happy. One only knows what they know. We tried liking the thermadors but the fit and finish compared to the Fulgor was not really close, and the thermadors were even more expensive. I did like what the FM dealer an hour away said when I asked about ovens.. he said " they all get to 350 degrees" and hearing that helped reset me a bit. I realized, it is an oven, not a car! On the heating note, the FM does preheat to 350 in about 7-8 minutes if a fast heat up matters.

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

Hello. I just read your post and thread about the Fulgor Milano double wall oven. We are on the painful hunt for a good wall oven...one that works really well, but not over priced, but also not cheap. Were looking at Wolf but the price is crazy, then looking at Thermador, but didn't like the wifi feature and some other aspects of design, cleanability, etc. Found this brand at a store here in San Antonio, Texas who only carry this brand, Blue Star and Meile. Loved the design, knob, and panel combo, and the sturdiness and thickness of doors. Just can't find reviews or info. Of course the dealer says all customers she has are very pleased and they haven't had any issues with repairs. Just such a big purchase, I don't want to make again or get a lemon. If you are perhaps still able to see this thread, would love to know how you are finding your FM. Thanks!!

• wdccruise
    6 months ago

@Janelle Hennessey: "We are on the painful hunt for a good wall oven...one that works really well, but not over priced "

CR recommended: Cafe CTD70DP2NS1 30 in. Double Electric Wall Oven

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Janelle,

I get emails when there are posts to this old thread! And I do understand what one goes through trying to buy something for their home that is not cheap or easily "fixed" if it doesn't go as desired, coupled with the fact there really is no easy way to try before you buy. That was what we waded through, coupled with the Covid restrictions going on at the time.

The first truth in this is, it is an oven :) I learned to tell myself that anyways. I certainly will not say anything negative about any other wall ovens given I have no experience with them. When I found Fulgor Milano, I had never heard of them but they looked interesting. We had briefly looked into the Blue Star oven BUt it weighs nearly 700 pounds, and that was simply too much extra stuff for me to want to deal with. The Fulgor is built very solid and has weight. Some of the things we liked right way were perhaps simple things. The interface is very clean and simple. Even easy to set the clock! It preheats quickly ( 7 minutes to 350 ). The front glass never gets hot regardless of internal temperature. The soft close doors are a nice touch but certainly not required. I did find the interior doors to be nice given they are seamless.. no gaps like others had where crude and gunk was certain to fill.

I also wanted to stay away from touchscreens or other small computerized screen devices. having an LCD screen sittign above the exhaust from a 400 degree oven seemed a surefire way to kill an LCD screen. Not to mention will that screen be around if the oven is still runing in 12 years. That though is a very perosnal choice as you or others may prefer that.

I am fearful to say this but we have had the oven for quite a while now.. it gets used several times weekly, and to date no issues. Both of us remain impressed by the same things that impressed us to start with. Fit and finish is excellent, and everything just works without a fight. We will be buying a Fulgor Milano cooktop before the year's end.

I am certain there are many models that would work well for most of us. i certainly will not say the FM is the end all be all of ovens. That said, if I had it to do all over again, I would buy the same oven. It hits well above its price point. Good luck and hope this helps a bit. In the end , it will still remain a gamble of sorts. we gambled on Fulgor and thus far it has paid off very well. I was a bit nervous though to be honest given i knew nothing about the brand and it is not ahosuehold name in the US. John

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

Thank you John! Pretty much everything you said sounds like us and I was glad to read it!

There is just not much info on them here in the US and Fergusen Enterprises who carries some of their stuff kinda acted like it was a superior and not high end. Didn't seem sturdy is what the lady said...I beg to differ after we looked at it and the thickness of the doors.

Anyway, you are very kind to respond and it helps us so much!! Thank you!

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Janelle,

Glad to help. Fulgor is not a household name and likely is not selling in big quantity compared to the names that show up in Lowes, etc. I would also disagree with any comment suggesting Fulgor is not solid. Our double over weight was under 400 pounds but not by much, and was heavier than most of its competitors. not that weight means better but can be an indicator of how it is built. The front door is very robust as well. now, i sound like a salesperson :)

I realized no matter what we selected, it would either work out well, or , not so well. And how it worked out would likely dictate how I felt. The truth is, we both just like the Fulgor. How it operates, feels and performs. It wasnt cheap but compared to Wolf and Blue Star it felt a bargain, and it was also much less than the Thermador aka Bosch ovens. we also knew where it was made.

Good luck.. we took a leap of faith and it paid off for us. The more who buy Fulgor and post their impressions, the easier it will be for others to decide. absolutely zero complaints in nearly 3 years of use! john

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

Yep, all my thoughts as well again. I am pretty sure we are decided on it. We like simple functions as well and am hopeful we will be happy with our purchase as well.

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

Not to mention John, my boujee daughter is geeking out that we can put our name on it with the custom plate on the bottom ;-)

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Janelle, I had forgotten about the name plate option :) Ours has performed very well and operates both straighforward and simply, the things we both prefer. Just a taste thing. Even setting the temperature is simply turning a knob as quickly as you want. There was atime when major appliances were built to last many years and it seems in general those days are gone, especially when you add iPad like screens, software to do every function, and so forth. The Fulgor has some electronics built into it in terms of potential for future parts failure, but it has fewer software driven devices and no wifi. It felt underpriced after we got it in terms of fit and finish and simple overall "feel". Post if you buy it,.... am sure others will be curious to see your thoughts. We never once looked back and thought we should have bought something else. No regrets, just enjoyment. Already looking forward to the FM cooktop to replace the aging Fisher Paykal that came with the house!

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

We will definitely be posting how it goes, becuase if it goes well I am always a fan of saving folks money as I feel many of the big known names you are paying for just that, the name. It is sad true longevity and craftsmanship have gone down..don't get me started on our fridge hunt...any suggestions there I am ears..no thrill people here as far as fridge goes as well, just want them to work! Would love to know how your cook top goes. We did the thermador gas range top just because I loved how easy it was to clean with the raised stars. Hoping that purchase pays off for us. Thanks again!

• Davis Jones
    Original Author
    6 months ago

Janelle, I hope you enjoy yours like we have ours. I can tell I am getting old(er) because I remember when brands were truly different. With the buyouts, trying to be more competitive, etc. a lot has changed. Companies like GE are no longer GE as we knew them. The Whirlpool line (Kitchen Aid, jenn Air) has done similar things. Even Bosch and Thermador being coupled. Fulgor was unique and for us it has worked well. I have no issues paying a price to gain quality and reliability, and hopefully, longevity. A lot of the pricepoints today seem to be more "pretty" things versus actually different and better internals.

I am not a fridge expert by any aspect. We did buy a replacement for our kitchen this year, and felt a lot of frustration in the search. In 2010 we had bought a Kitchen Aid fridge side by side (which I hate by the way as in the side by side part). it is now in our basement and has been running without fault for 13 years. Very solid as well. Compare it to a Kitchen Aid of today and the differences are substantial. The current Kitchen Aids look pretty but feel lighter weight and from what several repair techs have told me are essentially the same part on the inside as much lower cost whirlpools. This info is not verified.

We were not seeking a built in sub zero type of fridge. In the end we bought a lower priced (not cheap) Samsung without any frills. Big ice maker for as long as it works anyway. So far so good. it has performed well. Our logic was given most modern fridges are not designed to last much past 7 years, we dedided to buy more affordably. When fridges start selling for $4000 I would expect them to be made from better parts and designed to last longer. I could not verify this to be true, and chose to spend about half of that. Whether this decision pays off or not time is the judge.

So good luck with the fridges! I read complaints about nearly every brand out there and never could see a clear winner for us. The Fulgor aside from lack of reviews, etc. was easily a clear winner during our over search. It stood apart to me, with my wife being a little leery of an unknown brand at the time. She loves it now. fridges, another story! We just decided to spend less expecting none of them to last 10 years. Could very well be incorrect assumptions on my part, and I am certainly not meaning to bash any manufacturer of fridges. and to think after my parents passed in 2010 and 11 respectively, they still had a 1940 something fridge running in their garage!

• Janelle Hennessey
    6 months ago

yep, fridges are not made like they use to be. Repairmen have told us as well all the inners are basically the same, but not made to last anymore, unless you get a subzero, that is the only one they have said have longeviy, or to make sure your fridge was made in the US, and the simpler it is the better. But seeing as I don't forsee ever being able to afford a subzero, we will hope for the best. The hunt continues ;-) Thanks for all your input and may your appliance luck keep steady!!