SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Seedlings Winning the Rebloom Contest in August

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am having a bit of rebloom still from registered cultivars, but my seedlings are showing the most bloom right now. Besides the ones below, I have two more seedlings with rebloom scapes that will bloom in Sept. Since the weekend rain, scapes also have pushed up on Ice Cream Emperor, Memphis, and Mystical Intuition.

Seedling Into the Mystic X Symphony of Praise started reblooming on a seventh rebloom scape this week. This is the only one I'm registering for introduction in 2021. It has a 5.5 inch bloom on 26 inch scapes, and it's evergreen. Bud counts range from 11-28. This one will have Coco in the name for one of my Gypsy cats.. Kay and Kate received this as a seedling last fall. Sherry will be trialing it in the North for me this winter and next season.

TUS x RE1 is still reblooming.

So is AP X Blazing Saddles.

August Frost x Winter's Angel had its last bloom yesterday. It ended up having 47 buds on its one scape. It started blooming on June 23, so that makes two months of bloom for this one. It's gone from one fan in the Spring to five fans now, and three of the new fans are pretty large. I keep hoping some of those fans will scape for fall bloom.

Tides Roll In had its last bloom yesterday.

Blood of the Martyrs is still reblooming and has another scape that will start by the end of the week.

Warm in Winter is still going.

I have two lates that are still blooming:

Tiffany Shade

and Last Chance for Romance

This is the first of my overwintered mums to rebloom. I have two red ones that won't start blooming until September. My two yellow ones bit the dust with the late freezes in the Spring.

Debra

Comments (12)