SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_217698542

kitchen redo:backsplash ideas needed

HU-217698542
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We have a (basically) galley kitchen with an island (which makes the 'galley" part)> We are thinking of painting ALL the oak cabinets a pale cream to match the window mouldings, OR white to match the walls. We have Viatera Rococo countertops (kind of a marbley look quartz). The walls are white and the pantry doors are the same as the mouldings. Our appliances and induction cooktop (which we will not be changing out) are black. Dishwasher, stainless sink, microwave above cooktop are on one wall; window over the sink; the fridge is at the back behind the island. We will keep the small black countertop and the existing drawer/door pulls. Floor will be a little darker, kind of a medium cherry. Thinking of a black faucet; right now perfectly fine chrome faucet, sprayer, handle. Light fixtures will be replaced with recessed lighting. Ideas on backsplash are needed. I am not a "trendy" person' want ideas for "backsplash" if there is such thing. Will try to post a better picture.
I guess I am asking if a backsplash needs to match the counter or the cabinets or neither. Right now it is very cluttered; amazing what a picture will show you when your eyes just do not register what is really there :)!!!

Thanks,

Anne

Comments (2)