SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

If curb appeal is nil, should I just plan on updates from interior?

Kind of hard to put into words. So the cabin we now live in is just butt ugly as far as curb appeal goes. I’ve gotten over it as the location and the river on the back is the reason we bought it. On the front of the house there are 2 windows that will probably need replacing soon. One is the laundry room and the other is over the kitchen sink. The front of the house faces south, southeast. The 2 windows are circled.

I would love to have greenhouse windows in both of these rooms. I have a lot of houseplants that need homes in the winter. Currently they get placed on a bench in front of the kitchen table which is problematic as they are always in danger of getting knocked off by dogs. Or they get moved upstairs and I have to remember to go up and water (out of sight out of mind I’m afraid), plus I can’t enjoy the plants as we spend almost no time upstairs.

This is the type of window I mean,

My plan would be to make the smaller window(the one in the laundry room) the same size and do a greenhouse window in both rooms. I know they aren’t terribly attractive as far as windows go, but I don’t see much that will help the exterior of this cabin, but if I can make the interior brighter plus make it more functional is that a good plan?

Comments (16)