SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
signet_gw

Annus horriblis ..season is winding down so I took a minute ......

signet_gw(6b)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

to take some pics of some of what is still blooming here . I feel like I haven't even had a minute to enjoy my gardens this summer . First I lost quite a few daylilies from the freeze /thaw /melt in February . Then we seemed to rush through the spring flowers , iris lasting only a short time because we were so hot . Then starting in May just when you need rain to get the daylilies to put on some growth we went into a deadly drought .......pretty much from the beginning of May right through to July. Then it started raining and it seemed it would never stop . Can't enjoy the daylilies as they were being beaten to death by these major downpours . Plants were stunted and some had reduced blooms counts . I have been busy weeding and weeding and weeding and taking out some paths in order to find places to move daylilies that are in too much shade to a more sunny spot and to reduce the amount of push mowing my DH has to do in the back yard. Now he can ride his way around the back yard on his riding lawn mower .......which is great but I hope by next year to be able to have a day or two to just enjoy my gardens instead of being always working at them .

Anyway , here are some pics from today . Some are only single blooms , as I said season is winding down. Hope you enjoy some of these so in no particular order .

more to come

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm