SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alixstpe

Exterior Color Scheme: porch, trim, windows, door

Alix Stpe
3 years ago

Looking for ideas on what to paint the porch, trim, door (possibly stain?) and the wood slats under the porch. We got a new roof which is giving me the excuse to change the trim/door etc for the 2nd time in less than a year 🤣. Fiancé says no more changes after this so help a girl decide! (I’ll even throw in a before/current photos of our never ending project we call home)

The house color is a coastal white.

WINDOWS: They are wood windows so I was thinking about painting the frames black and the trim the coastal white. (see mock photo below) OR should I paint them white (I did like the look when they were primed - (see photo below) or go with another color?
Q: what color? If black what’s your go to farmhouse exterior black and what finish?

PORCH: What color for the porch? I was thinking gray.. but there are so many grays 😩. I was set on a medium gray like SW Gray Matters but my fiancé is wanting something darker like SW Cityscape. (It’s currently Vaspar new concrete but it’s too blue)

WOOD SLATS: I am completely lost as to what color to paint these. What do y’all think?

DOOR(s): paint or stain? That is the question. If paint what color? Should we stain the front door and paint the other door similar to the windows? Or keep them the same whether paint or stain?

COLUMNS: should we keep these white are box them and stain?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations