SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_451631682

Is this tile work acceptable?

HU-451631682
3 years ago

we just had our bathroom remodeled by a professional company. I feel like they have done a very poor job. The shower does not appear to be even. Is the shower floor acceptable In your opinion? The grout has turned gray in areas. The grout is supposed to be white. They scratched the tile putting the vanity in. And, the vanity top is crooked. What would you do?

Comments (3)

• Super Lumen
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Pic 1: It's hard to know why the tile is like that just from your picture. If it is a built in shower, there is a good chance your house itself is not square, and thus, having tile "perfectly" straight with all walls is not possible.

Pic 2: It isn't the worst grouting job in the world, but it isn't great. Someone was going to fast and did not take the time to form the lines evenly, and they left a bit of residue.

Pic 3: Is that real marble tile or ceramic with a marble-look glaze?(sorry I'm on a small screen right now I can't tell). Either way they should have been careful, but marble is soft and scratches easily. Also, remounting your vanity top would not be that much work BUT I can tell you that if it is a real porcelain vanity top they usually do not come perfectly square either. You often have to cheat a hair in spots.

HU-451631682 thanked Super Lumen
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    3 years ago

Looks like the wall is out on the top this why the tile is cut uneven.

HU-451631682 thanked GN Builders L.L.C