SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anj_p

Pantry Door Type?

anj_p
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Ok so this is probably super insignificant but I'm having a hard time. This door has gone from a pocket door to an inswing door to a double acting swinging door and I'm still second guessing. Or third or fourth guessing.

I have an inswing door on my current pantry that's open 99.99% of the time and I hate it.

I think a pocket door would be even worse because they're even more of a pain to open/close. Plus I already have them all over my house and they cost an extra $300 apiece. But when I searched past threads, they seemed to be preferred.

I thought a double swinging door would be the perfect solution but now I'm concerned that my pantry isn't really big enough for me to have the door swing closed behind me while I gather stuff. I like the idea of having the door automatically close, though - and I like the idea of being able to use my shoulder to open it when my hands are full. What's the best option here?

FYI, the pantry is in the back hall off the mudroom/across from the powder room, so it's not visible to the rest of the house.

Inswing Door
Pocket Door
Double Acting swinging door

Comments (41)