Taking a trip tomorrow

Rose Pekelnicky

Tomorrow I am going to visit my youngest son and his family. I haven't seen them for 6 months. He and his wife both work from home now and they have 2 preschool kids. Its 200 miles and I will drive there. I'm a little nervous about the drive because I haven't been going out much lately but I am so looking forward to seeing them all and their brand new house. I will not stop anyplace along the way

SaveComment13Like2
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OutsidePlaying

Be safe and enjoy your visit.

Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
nickel_kg

Enjoy! On a drive of that length I always pack a snack and plenty of water. If you have to stop to gas up the car, wear your mask if anyone else is nearby and use lots of hand sanitizer afterward.

maifleur03

I would worry more about the people you and your family have come in contact with than anyone that you would meet on the trip to and from. Enjoy your visit but stay masked except when you are in your car as much as possible.

Save    
georgysmom2

Be safe and enjoy every minute of your visit.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
OklaMoni

Have a wonderful visit! :)

Moni

1 Like Save     Thanked by Rose Pekelnicky
jemdandy

You should be okay at 200 miles. That can be driven in a few hours. Long trips require a place to sleep overnight and that becomes the major problem. If you are concerned about food along the way, take along nonperishable snacks to munch on along the way. And carry drinking water/liquids. On long trips, its a good idea to have a couple of days worth of drinking water with you.

Do have a plan in case of auto breakdown.

Wishing you a joyous trip. Don't forget the camera.

chisue

You'll be FINE! Think of the reward awaiting at the end of your drive. Are you going to tell us -- show us -- what new masterpiece you are bringing them?

wildchild2x2

Enjoy your visit!

schoolhouse_gwagain

Be safe, have a good time. Do you have AAA?

kathyg_in_mi

Have a great time and enjoy those babies!

adellabedella_usa

Enjoy your visit. You should be fine. We made a trip back to see family. We ate in the car and only stopped for gas and potty breaks. I made homemade wet wipes out of paper towels and hand sanitizer. We cleaned our hands as we got back in the car. My family was more afraid of us as we were coming from a hot spot. We sat outside when we met with them. We were distanced and didn't touch any of their stuff. We mainly stay home so not a lot of outside contact.

socks

Leave early when you are fresh. How nice for you.

nicole___

I always enjoy listening to talk radio on long road trips. This should be fun! Enjoy your visit!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Color Take Rooms on a Tropical Trip With Turquoise and Yellow
Flee winter's doldrums with a virtual island paradise at home, courtesy of sea-drenched and sunshiny colors
Full Story
Coastal Style Take Rooms on a Coastal Trip With Orange and Blue
Coral and ocean, sunset and sky ... you can evoke a beachy or nautical feel at home with nary a whiff of navy
Full Story
Life This Weekend: Care for Birds, and Take a Design-Minded Road Trip
Explore home design destinations, invite birds into your yard and join the effort to use less plastic at home
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More