SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilybedmaker

Blooms from the last few days

daylilybedmaker
3 years ago

Temps have dropped and received about a 1/2 inch of rain. We are still about 3 inches below our average.

Here is what has been happening in the garden over the past few days:

DESIRE OF NATIONS: I love the bloom, but the plant is slow to increase.

I found my records and this one is out of JERRY HYATT x FRIEDA ALLEN JERRELL. I have set a couple of pods on this one using WEBSTER'S PINK WONDER and MYSTERY OF THE AGES.

WIDE-EYED WALLY - The last of the Bennett's to bloom for me this year.

IN HIGH REGARD: This is a subtle beauty. I love the green throat on this one.

The last two are IT'S THE RAGE. Won it last August at the FREE STATE DAYLILY SOCIETY AUCTION. It looks promising. Not as tall as it should be, but nothing in the bed it is in is really performing like they should. Please pardon the weeds. They don't seem to be bothered too much by the lack of rain. I may plant weeds and see if other things start to grow and take over.

Speaking of the FREE STATE DAYLILY SOCIETY AUCTION: I added the following plants: TWEAKED OUT - it is already three fans; TOPGUNS LAVENDER LACE (decided to add a double - I don't have many and this one is a bi-tone/bi-color); SPYRO THE DRAGON (it was really cheap because the person growing it did not take care of it, so I got a double fan for $5); SABERTOOTH (this is a Polston intro and they seem to do well in my garden, so I added another one). I was gifted DRUM BOOGIE by Bud Bennett (I have been looking for this one). I was also gifted LIMELIGHT AND LAVENDER. It was hybridized by Jerry Betzler from Sykesville, MD. I had visited his garden many times and saw one of its parents (Blue Dog). It has a large green throat. I believe I will cross it with IN HIGH REGARD.

Enough of my ramblings.

Thanks for looking.

David

Comments (6)