SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lepetitmatin

Bluestar RNB backguard vs island trim

lepetit matin
3 years ago

We have a 48” Bluestar RNB with the highest backguard - I forget the exact height but I think it’s 24 inches. We had replaced our Thermador with this, which had come with our house and had a high backguard as well. There is no tile backsplash, which we are considering putting in our kitchen now. I like the look better with tile behind the stove rather than the backguard. I was under the impression (from reading Houzz threads) that the island trim comes with Bluestars, even if you get an additional backguard. I called our dealer who called the BLuestar sales guy, who said the island trim doesn’t ship out with the taller backguards. Can anyone here confirm if this is true? Also, I could probably get a Platinum version of the island trim; does anyone know of this would be compatible with the RNB?

The sales guy also said that putting cement board behind the tile (instead of drywall) is unnecessary. All they recommend is putting something non-combustible (such as tile) 6” below the countertop like, but the tile can go right onto the drywall.

Thanks for any info!

Comments (22)