SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenna_dee14

Help! Installing Quartzite Tile Exterior Walls?

Jenna Dee
3 years ago

Hi all - Anyone have advice/tips/tricks/suggestions/don't-do's for installing quartize tile vertically on exterior walls of a stucco home?

I tried researching this myself... but other than finding that quartzite is naturally UV-resistant and may need to be sealed (every couple of years?) to be water-resistant, I have not been able to find much information about it.

Background: My husband and I are owner-builders in the midst of our new construction project near Phoenix, Arizona. It is a Southwest-Contemporary-Modern stucco home. The house is planned to be a medium-to-dark grey color sand-finish stucco and we are planning for a white/light stone in various sections (bottom 2'8" of certain exterior walls and full patio columns) along with a few accent wood pieces (beam in the front of the home and posts in the back) that will be stained a natural dark-walnut color.

We just came across this quartzite tile in the 'exterior' section at a local stone supplier: https://www.flooranddecor.com/slate-stone/white-quartzite-tile-100155589.html . We were thinking that this might be a solid option (both price-wise and style-wise) for the exterior stone in lieu of some of the more traditional stone options.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (10)