SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njackson422

Maximizing small dining area, banquette?

njackson422
3 years ago

Pardon the unpacking still in progress. I’m needing a new dining set and I’m torn about how to maximize the space in this area. My ADHD has gotten the best of me on this one so I’m going round in circles.
Ideally a 4 person setting that could fit 6 with company would be great. Just 2 of us normally so 6 person permanent setting seems a little overkill, unless something like a banquette that could serve as storage too. If I could fit a small bar cart and the animal dishes against the wall that’d be great, but I was thinking of opening shelving on the wall that the fridge is against to avoid it feeling too crammed with furniture. I added a picture of the kitchen opposite the dining nook for context of size and style.

I’ve been thinking about:
A) building a DIY banquette against the window and maybe one against the fridge side wall. Then an oval table? And 2 chairs on the open side (a little nervous about managing the DIY project though)
B) Buy a low back dining bench to put against the window, then a rectangle table with 2 chairs on the interior side (then could put a chair on the ends if needed for entertaining)
C) a rectangle table that goes the long way from window towards fridge and 2 chairs on either side

Any other suggestions? Note the placement of the pendant light too. I won’t be able to move that for now.

The dimensions are 80 inches deep (window to end of room where pony wall stops) and 108 inches wide (fridge wall to pony wall

Comments (7)