SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparkshooter

Choosing a sink, leaving dishes to air dry

sparkshooter
3 years ago

Working on a budget kitchen reno for a 10x10 kitchen and starting to think about sink designs. Seems like the push right now is for giant single basin sinks. I've always had a double basin with a dishrack sitting in the second basin. Not stylish, but functional. Right now I also have one of those black mats for drying glasses that you see at bars. While I have a dishwasher, the dishrack and glass drying mat are always in use - often 2 non-dishwasher wine glasses/night, plus sometimes other specialty drink glassware. Pots and pans don't go in the dishwasher because they never seem to get perfectly cleaned and take up so much room. Coffee thermoses/swell bottles typically not in dishwasher. Salad spinner gets rinsed most nights. I like to air dry because it seems more hygenic and also I'm lazy.

Other people must have these same issues - so where are they drying all their dishes without a double bowl sink? The "pretty" options for true double basin sinks seem much more limited than I was expecting. Not that I can't find something, but the ubiquity of single basin has made me reconsider my position and see if there is another solution to the dish drying problem.

Comments (22)