SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ka3040

What is the best layout for this kitchen?

Karina Argueta
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hello everyone my family is going to redo the kitchen, and the dilemma is what is the best layout option. We are going to removing the weird wall that us being used as a pantry and part used as a closet. We were told that if we removed the side entrance door it will make an L shape layout and maximizing the space. But we use that entryway for when we go out to the driveway or heading towards the backyard. It is hard to remove an entry point that is frequently used.

The other option was as well is to close up the hallway doorway to the hallway, bathroom, and another side of the living room, I immediately close off this option as I believe it will not create a good movement and flow of the house. In order to access the kitchen from the bedrooms, bathroom, and basement you will have to walk thru the livingroom towards the main entrance of the house and vice versa.

Not sure if anyone can advise their input if it is best to close the side door or a layout that allows us to use the doorway? Not sure if by flipping the doorway so it swings towards the outside would help the layout. I include a version I did with a version of the L shape layout and another with a gallery layout. Let me know if more info is needed and I will provide it not sure how much is needed since I am a beginner. Thank you so much for your help.

Original and current layout.

Version 1: L

Here it was I was thinking of terms of the layout but since is my first time not sure if it is good. It's a version of the L layout but with a gap from the side door. Feel free if anything needs to be switch around.

Version 2: Gallery

I recently found out about this layout and tried it. I think looks well but the only issue is the door when it opens it's going to issue when someone is using the sink. The only thing I thought about is switching it to the other side so it opens out.

House floor layout:

Sketch of what the kitchen looks like know but didn't add the kitchen table. Table measurements are 41 wide and 65 3/4 long.

Comments (8)