SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_646488219

Trying to decide on Kraftmaid Vantage or small Amish company cabinets

Wes Hunt
3 years ago

I've recently found this site and have appreciated the valuable information. My kitchen upgrade journey started a little over a month ago and is taking longer than I thought. We're currently trying to decide on cabinets. We've met with several different cabinet dealers in our local area (just outside Charlotte, NC). We recently met with a company that sells Kraftmaid Vantage and while there they showed us an amish brand called Kemp (not Kemper although they did sell that one too). We really liked the way the amish brand looked and the price of $16.5k was right at Kraftmaid for $17k. One thing the amish brand offered that Kraftmaid doesn't is the ability to go up to a 39" wide upper cabinet and still have butt doors. This is big for us as our current cabinets (Aristokraft) have stiles all over the place and my wife really wants the new cabinets to not have that. I'm on the fence because my research seems to point that the Kraftmaid Vantage is a very good product (maybe some issues coming up recently due to ownership change and cost cutting measures?) and the amish ones (Kemp) look very good but there's not much info out there on this brand. What if they're not around 5 years from now? Any guidance you can give is much appreciated. Thank you.

Comments (20)