SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_rebecca

Our New Fence, Garden Courtyard and Backyard with After/Before Photos

RenoGirl
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

My husband and I are experienced DIYers and have many of our projects posted on Houzz. We did all this ourselves, other than some help with the fence and deck. We recently finished landscaping our fenced in courtyard area and putting down a boardwalk and patio and thought we would post the changes. This is what I get to see now out of my kitchen window. I have very few before pics as it was so sad back here. This was a completely unused space. There was a strange, irregular shaped patio with patio blocks that had become an overgrown mess, tree stumps from overgrown plum trees and alot of dead grass. I wanted to see color, life and imagine a woodland oasis while I was looking out the window doing dishes, and have a safe, secured space for our small dogs. We added some of our own garden artwork, some nice garden decor finds and I think we managed to make all our goals happen. We still plan to add a fountain we will build, but that is likely next years project.

dollar store bird houses I turned into these

We made some "land fish" for our dry creek bed

Before- courtyard is the left hand side of this pic above- yes, this really is the same house.

Our backyard before pic. We took down a giant blue spruce that was planted too close to the house and blocked windows, took out an overgrown neglected garden, gave that shed new life and added a flagstone patio from reclaimed stone we had on the property.

Comments (39)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting