SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrkillerwhale2021_math

Need help growing vegetable (First time Learner)

Christian Z
3 years ago

Hello Everyone,

My name is Christian (Whale) call me whale and I will be happy. I'm interested in growing vegetables but I need help with it and since I am new to this. I've been interested in growing vegetables since last year when I figured out if math wasn't going to work out in grad school then I'll have a plan B and that is to go to grad school and study Agronomy (soil and crop sciences).

The place I want to grow is near my deck and engine pool. There is a cool spot I found that the sun directly hits once every other day and another spot that is near the driveway.

The measurements are 4 or 5 wide and 14 or 15 lengths. I've started to remove the rocks and now I believe is ready to go for me to place the wood. However, I don't know what to put beneath it. Mom and I are learning and she said we could put a black fabric to prevent the weed and on the side of the wood, we can add some mulch to look nice.

Here is the area:

second picture:

What should I do now? Do I still remove the rocks? The plastic has been there since we purchased the house back in 2016. I have no idea why the owners even put those there.

Comments (23)