SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

Can’t decide all polished nickel or mix unlacquered brass in too?

bridget helm
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

wrapping up a master bath renovation and the shower hinges and pull and components are polished nickel and the wallmount faucets are polished nickel and walk mount tub filler is polished nickel. They haven’t arrived yet so aren’t installed so It’s hard for me to decide whether i should use unlacquered brass door hinges, doorknobs, cabinet knobs and unlacquered brass sconces and glass cloche light fixture over tub. Should these ALL be in unlacquered brass or just the door hardware and cabinet knobs and do the light fixtures in polished nickel. My head is spinning. Or should i do everything polished nickel?

these are the polished nickel wall mount faucets

had a hard time finding unlacquered brass sconces but i have unlacquered brass things in the kitchen that are over 40 years old and this sconce is the exact Color so i would have 4 of these if i dont do the sconces In polished nickel.

That’s the wall mount tub filler. a glass cloche light fixture will hang over the tub. Something like this (still haven’t found one in unlacquered brass so i will probably get an antique brass finish like the sconces if I do decide to mix in unlacquered brass hardware.)

Here’s the bathroom currently

Notice there will be 4 sconces on mirrors (i wish i would have just done 2) ang they will be right over the wall mount faucets

you can see where cloche fixture will go (tub will be beneath)

Nothing in the bathroom really has any gold in it so i feel like i SHOULD use all polished nickel but unlacquered Brass is oh so pretty after oxidation.

Tub will be here. the window is salvaged and I’ll be removing the Stanley security sticker and putting white linen Roman shades

will an antique brass fixture look weird hanging over a polished nickel tub filler?

and Since the shower door has polished Nickel hinges and handle will it be weird for all the bathroom doors to have unlacqueted brass hinges and knobs?

heres the shower. Picture with all polished nickel and the sconces being across in unlacquered (eventually oxidized brass)

Here’s the shower rainhead next to one of the sconces (the sconces if get I’d i don’t do all polished nickel)

head.

Is.

Spinning

im sure if you actually read all this that Yours is now spinning too 🙃

thx for your help!

Comments (11)