SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jebusfreek666

Bathroom tile wall with LVP flooring. Baseboard or bare?

Jebusfreek666
3 years ago

I am planning out my bathroom remodel right now. I have settled on Lifeproof scratch stone LVP as this is the same flooring I am using through the entire house. I do like the look of large format floor to ceiling tile in the bathroom, but as this room is smallish and odd shaped with 2 outside corners, the larger tiles are kind of out of the questions for me. I am not looking at smaller, 12x12 and do like the simplistic minimalist look. I will include a picture to illustrate.

The issue I am having is with the idea of mating the floor to the walls, and also the walls to the ceiling. I could just throw up some baseboard, like will be in other rooms of the house. But I don't know that I have seen people lay wood baseboard on top of tile. Most of the time, the tile goes down to the floor. However this is usually done with tile floors too so the space is just grouted. If I am using the LVT, I will not be able to do a grout line. Does that only leave me an option to use a color matched silicone, kind of like I will be using around where the freestanding tub sits on the subfloor? Since it is a floating floor, I need to not put things on top of it and leave an expansion gap.

As for the ceiling, I would assume I should do the same thing up there? Or would a crown moulding be a better choice? Seems to fall outside of the minimalist vibe.

Comment