SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlpmd56

30 inch slide in gas range: Capital or Bluestar or American or Wolf?

Marcy LePique MD
3 years ago

I have been doing more research, and definitely have narrowed things down. I want a gas range, would consider duel fuel, but absolutely want open flame burners if possible with high BTUs for wok cooking. Money is a consideration but since this is my last kitchen (probably) not a huge one. Plus I love to cook, I am good at it, and I deserve a fantastic stove. Smile. I need a 30 inch slide in to be put in an island, and I am not sure if that eliminates any of my options. I have narrowed it down to: American Range Performer, Capital Culinarian, Bluestar RNB, and the Wolf (IF I can get the wok 30K BTU burner on it, which I doubt). All of these seem to have some reliability problems which I get—I used to drive a huge RV and it was a rolling catastrophe. I have hot plates and microwaves and crock pots and toaster ovens I can use if I have to while I wait for it to be fixed. I think it is worth the hassle for the high end stove’s performance. I love to cook everything from huge Thanksgiving dinners to prime rib to baking to paella to wok cooking. I will have a gas grill right outside the kitchen on the deck for grilling. I realize I will need a second oven or roaster on the counter top when I am cooking for a big crowd at holidays. No room for anything bigger than a 30 inch range. Most of the time I am cooking for only my husband and me, or the two of us and another couple. Here is what I have gleaned from the internet: American—least expensive and their owners seem to love them. Can also get a colored door which I like. Capital—high BTU burners and their owners seem to love them too. Just my impression but Capital seems to be the most “industrial” type range. Bluestar—many color options, cool looking open flames, AND can order the oven door to open from the side which is a HUGE plus as I am getting old. Also, if it’s good enough for Bobby Flay.......ha ha ha! Wolf—definitely has the “name” plus probably easier to get fixed since I live in a rural area. Wolf has a cool look but I wouldn’t even get the red knobs as my kitchen will be copper, cherry cabinets, and blue granite. Probably Lemurian Blue Granite. Don’t want to detract from the blues with competing red knobs. Any advice, information, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Would love to hear from anyone who owns any of these. Thank you in advance. Marcy

Comments (4)