SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ebean_gw

Wolf or BlueStar 30' gas range - advice please

ebean
13 years ago

I wrote an entire post and then it never made it up. argghhh.. trying to recreate it.

We're getting close to pulling the trigger on purchasing appliances for our kitchen gut reno. I had always envisioned a 30" Wolf but when I went to the appliance showroom, I was entranced by the 30" Blue Star Pro range. I liked the grills and the drip pan and the width of the oven as well as the easy-glide racks. I like the workhorse approach without too many bells and whistles and I love that it's $1k less than the Wolf and the rep let me know that he had some flex off that price but not with the Wolf.

I know that Wolf is reputed to have stellar customer service - owned by SubZero. Can someone advise me about Blue Star? Are they reliable? Is this range reliable?

I also saw an American Range but wasn't as entranced by it and know little about the company - are they a good Wolf alternative? (No drip pan). The Capital was too bulky...and the door was too heavy for me. Vikiing seems to have awful service - don't even service their own ranges.

I'd love some input before I decide. Thanks so much.

bean

Comments (7)