SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_483693771

Possible ideas on upstairs layout

Beth
3 years ago

Hello, everyone.

We are currently looking at this house and considering buying. We looked at it and loved everything except the upstairs layout. We have three young daughters, so the upstairs would be their space. The "rear wing" is fine because we would give that to my oldest daughter. This sketch is a bit misleading - what they call a "bedroom" is not a bedroom in my opinion. The staircase opens right into the room, so I would consider the "den" a bedroom, then a large play/sitting area, and a bathroom. She's a bit older than my other two so we would like her to have her own space. The "main wing" is the problem. The two so called bedrooms on the side are not bedrooms at all. They don't have any windows. Also, the sketch does not show it, but each of them have about 3 steps leading down to them. The den is giant, and the last owners had the whole wing as their daughter's bedroom/computer room/"overflow room" as they called it. There are two closets in the den area on either side of the loft hallway. Anyway, my question is, do you all believe there is anyway to decrease the size of the den and increase the size of the bedrooms, especially with the bedrooms being lower than the den. It's just such a strange layout honestly I don't know why they designed it like this. This is truly the only drawback to this house.

Comment (1)