SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trainee

Pics Installed quartz Daltile “Freedom Calcutta” or MSI “Lido Blanco”?

KW PNW Z8
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I just saw the post with pics of Cambria “Colton”, a quartz we’re considering but don’t yet have a sample of and no showroom in our area to view a slab so have seen on Cambria site only. I was surprised at how little of the veining pattern shows in those pics & how pure white it appears. I want a warm base. So I’m asking if anyone has pics of our two other candidates installed to help me with a visual. We have seen these slabs. Our project is cutting our bar height island down to a counter height. We chose Silestone “Eternal Marfil” thinking their jumbo slab was big enough for a no seam island. It’s not! We’d lose 2” off long edge of seating side of bar to have a no seam top. Our island is a butterfly with two wings of unequal size. It’s 10’ long outside edge to edge & 43” from inside edge to outside so we need a jumbo slab at least 65” wide to retain our width due to the cutout in front of sink in middle of the island & between the wings. We don’t want to lose any of the seating overhang which is 13.5”. Thus the need for countertop choice change which is limited by choice of available right sized jumbo slabs. Perimeter countertops will be the same & BS not selected until counters installed! Pics of Freedom Calcutta & Lido Blanco included here. Thanks all. upside down but you get the idea. Freedom calcutta has my doors in pic. island is the ebony tall door, perimeter is cinnamon short one.

Tall door is island color short one is perimeter cabs.

Comments (2)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

You need to see actual slabs so if not possible form any then those drop off in the choices. There is no way for a pic on the web to telly ou how it will look in your kitchen either.

• KW PNW Z8
    Original Author
    3 years ago

i know you’re right, Patricia! But, I’m hoping to feel better about the two slab choices I do have & that I have seen by seeing how much their subtle veining patterns show up on the horizontal. Looking at slabs is great but since they’re displayed vertically or upright, one doesn’t really “see” how the patterns will look on the horizontal view. I was so disappointed my first choice won’t work but we absolutely don’t want a seam or loss of size in our island - so - priorities!