SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aummie

Need help placing furniture in rectangular room w fireplace & windows

aummie
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I'm looking to buy new living room furniture for this room and realized the way I have it broken into three separate areas doesn't work. I'm thinking it works best as two rooms, but my dilemma is that if we place the furniture in front of the fireplace as a conversation area, it would be too far away from the TV. If I make two rooms, then there is a whole bunch of wasted space in the middle. And I can't place it halfway between because it throws off the symmetry. I would like to keep the big chairs.

Should I keep the dining room, or is it too traditional? I'm confused if this is a farmhouse feel or a lodge look??? Should I get rid of the dark furniture and go with something white or blue-gray? My husband is against white-washing the walls. For reference, the house was built between 1888 and 1910 and is on a farm on the bay. (I posted something similar before I knew what questions to ask, so sorry about the repeat.) Thanks so much. I will post additional photos in the comments because I'm having trouble with them.

Comments (2)