SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shjones0729

Plantation Shutters or No Window Treatments?

shjones0729
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm considering either getting 3 1/2 inch spaced white plantation shutters or no window treatments and adding white grids to the windows for some character in my dining area. What do you think would look better? It is the 2 windows next to one another in the dining space off the kitchen... one window looks onto the backyard and the other looks onto our screened lanai. The pictures are a model of our home being built... ours won't look onto the street. We plan to leave the sliding doors without window treatments- I'm not a big fan of curtains and don't want to block all the light.

Thanks for any opinions and input!

Edited to add... I would unofficially say my style is bright, pretty, classic, a little cottagey/ coastal but not too much and neutrals or light blues. Here are 2 inspiration boards I have started to give a glimpse... I ordered the chandelier and island lights so far and will definitely use the table as it was my grandparents. I also have traditional style dining room cabinet pictured (it's bigger in person- photo cut off).

Comments (5)