SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drsaj

Need a Master Bath Transformation

drsaj
3 years ago

We purchased our home several years ago and are finally about ready to gut this master bathroom and have it remodeled.

I have the windows temporarily covered to block out sunlight that streams into our bedroom beginning at 5 a.m. and I am NOT a morning person!

There used to be a deck tub, but the previous owners had that removed and put in this gigantic soaking tub that isn't centered on the windows and looks odd in the space.

My vision is to have a glass enclosed shower or as much glass as possible to keep the existing plumbing on the interior shower wall because my hubby wants water spray on both sides. I'd like curbless.

I'd like to close in the transom windows above the vanity on the interior side only, and mostly close in the shower windows, leaving just small transom windows up high for natural light.

I'd like to get rid of the tub or replace it with a much smaller footprint tub since this one is huge and takes up so much space, plus we rarely take baths. If we get rid of it altogether, I'm not sure what we would put in that space, if anything. Would it look okay just as a bare space? The travertine tile floor goes underneath the tub. If we took the tub out, we might need a few replacement tiles there.

The windows above the tub will get new shutters.

We want to keep the water closet.

I'd like to keep the tall cabinets for linens and such, but they could be moved if necessary. I do use the niches with the shelves by the shower so if we close that wall up, I'd have to get that stuff into the linen cabinets.

I'd like to figure out what to with that niche space next to the linen cabinets. Close it in or ?

I'd like a long cabinet with double sinks and a lowered vanity in the middle versus at the end. I don't think I like the look of vanity towers, especially in the middle of a vanity. We'd like to keep the one medicine cabinet on the wall, if possible.

The plumbing is under the slab.

Our budget is $75,000 max, keeping the travertine floor, Brizo faucets at the sink, and the Brizo faucet at the tub if we keep a tub. Our style is transitional. The kitchen cabinets are white, if that makes any difference. What suggestions do you all have for this bathroom? Thank you in advance!

Comments (30)