SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micheleaaron

Provenza Floors

micheleaaron
3 years ago

Has anyone installed Provenza First Glance? I have brought literally every other popular sample into my house including finally mine, first crush and at ease, and they all look grey. I'm looking for something with a warmer tone. And pictures of First Glance installed if any (I know its new).

First Glance
First Crush

Comments (101)

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

It is definitely not pink but looks primarily taupe. I would say it is light to medium in my house depending on the light in the rooms. We really like the color!!!

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Thank you Louise ! Really appreciate you answering

• Related Discussions

Any experience with Provenza flooring?

Q

Comments (6)
    Thanks for your response. The specific model we are considering in the Heirloom series is the Dover, which is more in the gray family. Which model is yours? Our main concern was the scratch resistance, but obviously the darkening and yellowing is also not ideal. Could we trouble you for a photo that shows what you are talking about? Thank you.
    ...See More

Anybody have experience with Provenza flooring?

Q

Comments (1)
    Did you ever get any advice? I clicked on your link and love the Mystic Grey next to it.
    ...See More

Any recommendations on cleaning their Provenza flooring?

Q

Comments (1)
    Provenza makes their own cleaning line: https://www.provenzafloors.com/floorcareproducts Their website clearly states how this works: https://www.provenzafloors.com/resources/lvpguide I always recommend using the products recommended by the manufacturer. In the building industry, "recommended" actually means "required for warranty purposes". Go ahead and order your products from your local Provenza retailer.
    ...See More

Searching for picture of Provenza Flooring in French Revival installed

Q

Comments (4)
    Lived in our house for 45 years in NY. Had oak floors throughout. Those floors went through multiple dogs and two kids and their friends. In the 45 yrs, we had the floors refinished 3x. They held up beautifully and those floors sold out house. I would never compare solid wood to laminate or other types. They can get damaged and then what do you do? Wood floors can be refinished and stained whatever color you want. Jane
    ...See More
  • Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

I think Sweet Talker looks like it has more color variation between the planks. I wanted less variation between planks. Fi

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Thanks Louise! That’s a good point

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Do either have any more pictures you can share ? Thank you !

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Here are more pictures. The house is not back together completely because we are still working on our baseboards.

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Thank you ! I think we’ll pull trigger on this color

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Glad the pictures could help. Enjoy your new floor!

• Marisol Molstre
    2 years ago

In case you need a couple more! 😉

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Pretty house! Looks so good!!!!

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

@mmolstre and @Louise Buckley, thank you ! Really appreciate your responses and photos! Looks great !

• Annie Collins
    2 years ago

Our house is still definitely under construction, but I thought I would share some photos!

• Annie Collins
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Here's another

• Gail Moore
    2 years ago

Annie, what color is yours?

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Looks so good Annie ! Gail - I believe this whole thread is all photos of “First Glance”

• Gail Moore
    2 years ago

I thought so but it looks so different in all the pictures. I want a medium color to go with dark cherry cabinets. The shop had me bring a sample of French revival and I like the shade but I’d like something just a little lighter. Any recommendations?

• Annie Collins
    2 years ago

I chose this one because I think it has more warm brown and gray tones in it. A dark cherry wood might clash with it a little bit?

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Looks very pretty!

• Amber Gregory
    2 years ago

Thanks everyone for sharing your pics of First Glance! I just pulled the trigger on this and have been having second thoughts. Glad to see pics of it actually installed. Looks great! If you have any more pics, I’d love to see them. It’s been so hard choosing, every pic look so different because of lighting.

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

I know I liked the flooring better installed. It will look lighter or darker in various rooms depending on the lighting in your house. It seems to be a color that looks good with everything.

• Amber Gregory
    2 years ago

While I chose this color because I didn’t want too much variation. I’m now worried that there isn’t any variation at all? I’m hoping it’s just a few of the photos that’s showing that. Those that have this installed, does it have a “wood like look”? I’m worried that it will look like one solid color 🥴

• Marisol Molstre
    2 years ago

There is variation. My husband was worried it would look bland but once installed you’ll see the differences in the planks. There are “darker” knots and lighter graining. Lighting makes a huge difference on the floor so be sure to look at it in daylight, nighttime, in the shadows etc. I agree with Louise that it looks way better installed. The sample doesn’t do it justice.

• Marisol Molstre
    2 years ago

I’m sorry, I didn’t really answer your question Amber…yes. I feel like it has a nice warm wood look.

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Hopefully you can see the variation in the flooring. It looks like wood and this is under natural light coming in the room. it has light and dark graining.

• Marisol Molstre
    2 years ago

Not sure if these help or not. (Amateur photo on left, professional middle and right.)

• Amber Gregory
    2 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing! Relieves my worry 😊 I def see some variation. With the small sample I have, I was unable to see much wood like texture. So I was starting to panic. Lol Thanks again for sharing. Much appreciated!

• kristen warren
    2 years ago

@Louise Buckley What is the paint color in your family room--it is lovely!!

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Behr Sandstone Cove

• Annie Collins
    2 years ago

Has anyone had any wood stain done to match First Glance? We ended up having to do hardwood on the stairs, and I'd love to see what people did!

• Liz C
    2 years ago

@mmolstre, love the kitchen backsplash! do you know the name?

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

@mmolstre , what’s the paint color in your fireplace pic ? Thanks !

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Marina, have you had your flooring installed? please post pictures when you do.

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

Not yet 😳 in the next couple of weeks but trying to pick paint colors

• Marisol Molstre
    2 years ago

@Marina Milonova: SW Agreeable Gray is on the walls throughout the house!

@Liz C: A bit late, but the backsplash is Mallorca white ceramic tile - it's a "zellige" style tile.

@Annie Collins My fireplace built-ins and kitchen cabinet lowers are stain matched. It's hard to tell in the photos because the light reflects differently in photos vs in-person. In-person, it is very close.

• Naomi Yamamoto
    2 years ago

@Amber Gregory - HI ! Did you end up installing First Glance? I am about to pull the trigger on that floor and wondering if you're happy with it.

• Amber Gregory
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Hi! Yes, we have been very pleased with our choice! Extremly happy that I pulled the trigger on it! It’s a nice warm neutral color-that goes with any style.

• Amber Gregory
    2 years ago

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Looks great in your house. I think it is a great neutral color. Happy you like it! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

• franciep
    2 years ago

@amber Gregory Does it have a slight red or pink cast to it? Wondering if my sample is deceiving?

• John Creek
    2 years ago

IMO First glance is quite uniform neutral brown tan grey beige . No pink no yellow no red cast. The painted bevel blends in. The boards don’t differ much from each other if that’s what you are looking for. Installed looks uniform with linear streaks that i didn’t prefer (see the video on the Provenza website). I don’t prefer painted bevel nor the feel of the bevel edge under bare feet. The Provenza website video is 100% how install appears IRL IMO. Good luck.

• Marina Milonova
    2 years ago

We just finally are almost done with our project & her is First Glance in different lighting

• John Creek
    2 years ago
  • John Creek
    2 years ago

Looks great Marina

• John Creek
    2 years ago

Exclusions

The following are not covered by this Limited Warranty:

Damage due to improper job site preparation and/or subfloor conditions, installation or maintenance.
    Damage caused by pet accidents.
    Damage caused by excess moisture in concrete subfloor.
    Damage caused by fire or burns, accidents, intentional abuse, flooding, construction or installation.
    Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar; indentations or damage caused by improper rolling loads, caster wheels, chairs or other furniture without proper floor protectors and cuts from sharp objects.
    Surface scratches or scuffing.
    Changes in color or sheen due to exposure to sunlight or due to use of rubber-backed mats.
    Exterior or non-flooring applications.
    Loss of gloss.
    Minor shading, color or texture differences between samples or printed color photographs or illustrations and delivered product.
    Damage due use of adhesives or tape; exposure to acetone or other harmful chemicals; punctures, cuts, indentations; failure to use protective mats under heavy and/or rolling furniture, including but not limited to, desks, desk chairs, exercise equipment.
    Flooring sold as irregulars or trial grade materials or “as is”.
    Product installed in locations subject to heavy static loads, heavy rolling fixtures and/or furniture, including but not limited to, areas of recreational, hospital or rehabilitative activities.
    Product installed in commercial food preparation areas and underneath food preparation tables.
    Improper use of the flooring product to seal an existing floor from moisture. MaxCore LVP is a waterproof floating floor that comes with an attached underlayment pad, but is not intended to act as a moisture barrier.
    This Limited Warranty is void if, prior to installation in commercial and light commercial applications this flooring is not acclimated to room temperature (between 65°F and 85°F) at the job site for a minimum of 24 hours and, if post-installation (in all applications) such flooring is not continuously maintained at such temperature.
    Only installation techniques described in the Provenza MaxCore LVP Installation & Maintenance Guide are warranted.
    Provenza Floors does not warrant Provenza MaxCore LVP installations involving custom cutting, such as 45-degree mitered corners and serpentine edges.
    Loss due to loss of time, inconvenience, incidental expenses (such as telephone calls, labor and/or materials) incurred in the removal or re-installation of the affected material, and any other incidental or consequential damages.

• Louise Buckley
    2 years ago

Looks really good, Marina!

• Erin Paskett
    last year

Amber Gregory, how are you liking the color? I want a nice warm medium brown. The color of the floors in your photos is the color I’m going for but it looks so different in others photos (lighter and more gray) how have you liked them?

• Autumn Kieley
    last year

@Marisol Molstre your kitchen is beautiful. What color did you stain your kitchen island? This is the look we are going for and we are probably choosing First Glance for our floors. Thank you!

• Marisol Molstre
    last year

@Autumn Kieley, thank you! It's a custom stain on white oak. We worked with our guy until it looked right. And, I will say, it was a pain. Our lowers and the island were installed before we approved the color and they had to take them out and redo it...two more times. That said, we do love the look and it was worth the hassle!

• Ellen in Texas
    8 months ago

@mmolstre I absolutely love the look of these floors in your house! It is exactly the color I am going for. I am also considering Finally Mine & Oak Ram (which I cannot find any pictures of). Finally Mine looks a little lighter than First Glance, would that be your same opinion?

I am hoping that 2 years later you are still pleased w/ these floors? My biggest concern is cleaning them - I am not looking to see water droplets off my dog's chin & foot/pawprints on my floors all the time, if I can avoid it!

• Lauren Hayes
    4 months ago

I was about to install Oak Ram but the pattern repeats are KILLING me. Anyone have it installed!?!?