SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_jones6024

New Quartz Pool Question

Chris Jones
3 years ago

So we just had our pool resurfaced about a week ago and the finish looks overall really good. We were finally able to get in recently and I have a few areas of concern. On the bottom of the flat ends (shallow and deep) there are areas that look slightly pitted. Like the white plaster is missing around the quartz slightly. I have verified several times that it is not calcium buildup but rather missing material. These areas are slightly rough and hurt my kids feet after a while of playing around. Is this normal or what could cause it? I have verified pool chemistry with a good kit nearly daily and highest pH ever reached was 7.8 and calcium build up is not present anywhere else either. My pool finisher maintained the pool while we were out of town the first three days and the only thing I notice odd by review of our cameras was that on day one after fill they added an entire gallon of acid without testing the water at all. Is that normal? Any advice would be much appreciated as it is more uncomfortable to walk on now than before the resurface.

Comment

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio