SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielle4764

What color couch/furniture should I buy? (Student renting apt)

Danielle .
3 years ago

Hello!

Right now I am having a design dilemma. I am a student who will be in school for the next 8ish years, and during that time I will be renting apartments. Therefore, I am not sure how long I will stay in certain apartments, and I will definitely have to move at least one time during my years in school.

The current apartment I am renting has grey wood floors (see picture/example here). I am planning to get a couch like this one and a bed like this (but in lighter grey than as the bed pictured). I am planning to pair this with white furniture (coffee table, TV stand, nightstands, dresser, etc.) and add a pop off an accent color (still deciding... maybe light pink/purple/blue) with pillows, blankets, decorations, etc.

Here is my concern -- if I move apartments, and the new apartment has more of a "beige look" (beige tan walls/dark brown or light brown flooring) like this -- will my grey couch and bed look bad in it?

I can't predict what color walls/flooring my next apartment will have, but I would like my furniture to "be in it for the long haul" and allow me to get good use out of it for years to come, while also looking good. Will I be OK using this color palette I have planned?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments (4)