SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Deer Eat Some of My Favorites As We Enter Peak Bloom Time

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I was very sad this morning to see deer had devoured my side-yard raised bed last night. Lillian's Thin Ice, Regina Sitko, Olly Olly Oxen Free, Texas Blue Eyes, Elizabeth Hewitt, and the largest clump of my 2020 intro, Untamed Heart were eaten down to only one or two buds remaining. In the backyard, they ate chunks of All American Chief, Buddy's Black Eye and Integrated Logistics. It's raining at mid-day, so I can't spray until later when the plants dry off. And then I don't know if I can get to everything tonight. I guess the smells of Milorganite, Vicks and Bounce strips only last so long.

Here's part of the Circle bed in the backyard. You can see this looks like peak. Two Sues is to the left. Next to it is Aeriel Applique. In the back are my tall purple UF seedling, Rowena Yaeger and All American Chief.

Here is the same bed from a different angle: In back, left to right: Rowena Yaeger, All American Chief, Black Panther. Middle: My Mama Thinks I'm a Star, Seedling Bali Watercolor X Mokan Butterfly, Seedling Cowgirl Spurs X Blazing Saddles. Front: Skater and Absolute Ripper.

Wall of Fire and Red Venom

Arctic Lace now being grown safely in a pot. Slugs devoured the roots so much for the past three years it hadn't bloomed.

Bela Lugois ffo

Buddy's Red Head

Chilled Orange Sorbet is much lighter in cool temps.

Innocent Discovery - I think the deer got this one too. Photo was from yesterday.

Born to Reign ffo

Princess Diary

Debra

Comments (9)