SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilykate7a

FFEs, FFOs, LFO, and RSVP

lilykate7a
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Well, actually no RSVP-just had to get the letter numbers in!

Heading into “second peak” with mids and lates and heat has returned

Last of SC Francis Busby-going out with a triple

FFE on Red Skeletons

FFE Fire Blast

FFO on one of Debra’s seedlings

This is BFY-best flower yet -Dearest Valentine-rain, wind, heavy dew impacted fist blooms

FFO on Yellow Mammoth and it opened with a bang -five mammoths

FFO on the old Spider Miracle -it actually had 3 blooms but other scapes are on the ground from the wind

FFO on No Boys Allowed with Navajo Grey Hills and Joan Derifield

FFO on Pink Jeans

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

Wow! a great post full of FFOs! I love Debra's seeding and that is a lovely photo of it. I had my last bloom on SCFB and I hated to see it finish. It is a great one. I really like Red Skeletonsd and Fire Blast comes right in there too. NO Boys allowed is such a pretty bloom. And Five Mammoths! wow! Great post, Kate!

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    3 years ago

Kate, I love your group shot, they all so nice together. Red Skeletons looks lovely today, Spider Miracle looks good too, darn that wind! It’s always windy here, it’s a wonder the scapes stay upright here at times.

Sherry

• Brad KY 6b
    3 years ago

Spider Miracle and Debra's seedlings are my favorites of these, but the others are really nice too.

Brad

• Nancy 6b
    3 years ago

No Boys Allowed is my favorite, how is it doing for you. I have it on my wish list, but can knock it off if it has problems. But would be hard for me to do. Like 3 buds to a scape, only blooms every 7 years. I am liking Yellow Mammoth too, I don't usually go for yellow.

• shive
    3 years ago

The seedling trio of Into the Mystic X Symphony of Praise trio looks great! I haven't been able to get any good photos of that one so far this season. I'm glad you finally got a good bloom on Dearest Valentine. It opens very slowly after cool nights. I always like SC Francis Busby, and Red Skeletons looks good! No Boys Allowed actually looks pink for you. It's always more of a pinkish red here. Pink Jeans looks like a nice pink!

Debra

• hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
    3 years ago

I really like No Boys Allowed. Pink Jeans is nice too and I always like seeing Dearest Valentine.

Nancy

• Julia WV (6b)
    3 years ago

No Boys Allowed has a great watermark. Good opening on Yellow Mammoth and it looks huge.

Julia

• lilykate7a
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Kay, are you not surprised by how many UFs are in this post? See how you have influenced me? :)

Sherry, I cant imagine having wind all the time! I guess your plants adapt! Spider Miracle has that nice green throat that makes it stand out.

Nancy, No Boys Allowed has performed fairly well. This is year two for it so that is a limited assessment!

Thanks Brad-after having Spider Miracle for several years I am beginning to appreciate it many more.

Debra, DV has several buds on two scapes so I hope to see more of the clean blooms in our heat. It is a lovely shade of pink. NBA has been pinker than normal with the cooler mornings-I expect it will return to normal color in heat.

Nancy-Pink Jeans has that pure, clean pink color I really like.

Julia-pictures could not show how impressive Yellow Mammoth actually was. Those blooms were easily 10 inches!

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    3 years ago

Lots of lovelies! My picks are Yellow Mammoth, Spider Miracle and No Boys Allowed. I bought NBA last year, but when it bloomed it was not... I hope the replacement plant is the right one, should know in another month or so.

• signet_gw(6b)
    3 years ago

Such pretty pretty blooms Kate . SC Francis Busby does not seem to be available in Canada for some reason. Darn it ! That is one I would love to give a home to if I could only find it . I just brought in some daylilies from the USA but darn it I forgot to see if the seller has this one. Duh!

• organic_kitten
    3 years ago

But look how big and pretty the blooms are, Kate.

kay

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner