SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunny_dahlias

Creating a budget friendly walkway?

Chloe
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

*I will post pictures soon, I just have to get over to their house.*
My parents recently had a pool installed and I wanted to surprise them with a walkway coming from one of the gates that leads to just grass. I was planning to make it wrap around the side of the house in between a vegetable garden and flower beds cover the AC unit. Here are my questions:
1) What would be a cheap material that would be easy on wet, barefeet from the pool?
2) How should I edge the side that touches the garden? It would be right on the garden dirt and I don't want my father tripping on edging when he works in the garden.
3) How do you end a walkway? If I wrap it around the side of the house, it would obviously hit the front yard. Should I continue to wrap it around the front of the house until it hits their sidewalk? Then what?
FYI- I plan to make that flower bed in the front have more "curves" to it and I would like to edge it if I don't put the walkway there.Thanks so much! Sorry for the long essay. I just don't want to mess anything up. My mother is extremely picky and if one thing is wrong, she is insane, haha.

Comments (14)