SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristinnk

Help with ideas for Foundation plantings zone 5

Kristin
3 years ago

Hello! We are in the process of renovating our house and are moving in next month. Ive been trying to plan out the landscaping and am having a hard time with it. We will basically have a blank slate to work with. The house faces South but is shaded in the afternoon. I want to have a Japanese maple in the front on the right and then want shrubs to cover the foundation and maybe something taller for the corner by the stairs (viburnum?). I would like to use hydrangeas but know they would be bare in the winter so Ive been looking for something evergreen to go behind the hydrangeas. Not a fan of boxwoods or typical christmas tree evergreens. I'm confusing myself on spacing and sizing because if they were to be behind the hydrangeas they would need to be more tall than wide I think and I can't seem to find anything that would fit. I also love the look of bridal wreath spireas but worry they would be too big. We are removing most of the concrete in the front yard that you see in the photos. And removing the gardening beds. Also updating the siding to a light grey. Very open to ideas and suggestions. Thank you so much!!

Comments (10)