SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

When will you to to a movie or concert?

dedtired
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Tonight at virtual book club we were discussing how the arts community is suffering, as well as museums which count on ticket sales to survive. Some will surely not survive this pandemic. Most people in my club said they would not attend any kind of theater performance or movie until there is a reliable vaccine. Same for getting in an airplane unless it was unavoidable.

Would you go to a theater if there was a socially distanced situation, say fifty percent of the capacity, with spaces between seats, or even shields? I don’t think I could relax enough to enjoy the performance.

I had tickets to a show in March that was postponed until next January. I’m not so sure I will feel ready to go even then, They are welcome to keep the money I spent on tickets if it helps keep them going.

I think we are going to be wearing masks for a long time still, at least around here..

Comments (54)

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

No movies for sure, but we don’t even go very often at all. As for our season tickets to Broadway touring company theater shows, the remainder of which have been delayed until next year or cancelled, symphony, and the couple of concerts we normally attend, I’m still uncertain we will attend at all. Just seems too risky to decide at this stage without a crystal ball or a vaccine.

dedtired thanked OutsidePlaying
  • gsciencechick
    3 years ago

Everything we had tickets for this spring and summer has been canceled or postponed. It’s very sad because going to concerts and festivals is a big part of what we like to do. We even got a Christmas gift box from Live Nation and were invited to their tasting menu we are such good customers. I really feel for the venue staff who we have gotten to know.

Our next scheduled show is for September, and we’ll see it if happens. I am doubtful because the band is from Australia, and I don’t think they’d be able to get work visas. Rage Against the Machine was postponed until next August. We have tickets for Madison Square Garden. We will probably keep the tickets vs. get a refund because we would like to go, we have great seats, and hope there may actually be a vaccine by August 2021. We have a few weeks to decide to cancel, but we’d need to change hotel and flights either way. But realistically, there is probably nothing this year. Rolling Stones are postponed with no date announced. Primus is postponed with no date announced. At least with everything else, we are getting a refund, though they are offering people 150% credit if they go a credit option for a future shows.

Between this and no travel, it makes for a very low key summer.

dedtired thanked gsciencechick
  • Related Discussions

Recent concert/live performance?

Q

Comments (30)
    Just got back from seeing "Jersey Boys" on Broadway. What a great show. Those guys were amazing, and boy could they sing, they brought the house down! We had the understudy of the understudy for Frankie Valli's part and he was fantastic, I can't imagine anyone being better than he was. This was my birthday present from July, a gift from DH, so that was fun. Before that, dinner at an outdoor Italian cafe (evening in the high 60s, a beautiful night) sitting outside and watching the city trick and treaters, and then to the show. All the wait staff in the restaurant were dressed in costumes, one in whites and fake blood and a horrible face who said he had an accident in the kitchen when he served us our salads, that was cute. I recommend the show highly! Oh what a night! (couldn't resist)
    ...See More

When u go 2 the movies do u buy treats there or buy ur own?

Q

Comments (20)
    I bring mine and i'm not sorry about it. I find it to be outrageous that any movie theater would need to charge $3 on a single serving of M&M's that they have bought in bulk for $0.50 or less. There is no need for a 500% profit. Fountain drinks are as much as $4.50 for a large, that costs them $0.15. You also can't tell me that they don't make money on the ticket. Movie theater rent the reels of film. They are a "set" price before the movie is released. They can show that movie as many times as they want or can in a day. Anything over that rental cost is pure profit. Don't you think it would be more fair for these movie theaters to have "set" percentages that they mark-up the food & drink? Most high-end resturants only mark-up thier food 23% and that includes all the costs that they accrue for running the "establishment". Just my opinion. I usually don't want food or drink while i'm enjoying a movie but if I do have the craving, i don't hesitate to bring it myself.
    ...See More

Speaking of concerts-

Q

Comments (16)
    Well I haven't been to a concert in years, but your question reminded me of another funny thing that happened. A few years back on vacation, we'd stopped at Memphis to visit Graceland on our way to the Smokies. You have to buy tickets at one location and everyone gets on a shuttle bus to ride across this busy street to Graceland. They give you a little MP-3 type player with ear phones that you listen to throughout the tour of Graceland. As you're driving across the street, Elvis is singing "Welcome to My World." There was this little old man and I guess he didn't realize everyone could hear him singing because he was just belting it out ..... which sort of ruined the "moment" for me, but in looking back, it was kind of funny. I was watching a Garth Brooks concert on GAC TV a few weeks back and it seemed like the entire audience sang every single word with him on every single song. I commented to DH that I would get annoyed if I was there because I pay to hear him - not the audience.
    ...See More

New to you favorite song or movie?

Q

Comments (22)
    I had to look up IDF, that is a beautiful version. I love KD Lang's version, too. This happened quite a while ago and is again an artist rather than song or movie - I was a big fan of Simon and Garfunkel, but always preferred Paul Simon and loved his solo work after they split. I was lucky to see them on their reunion tour many years later. But one year Art Garfunkel came to our town for a performance at the lovely performing arts center we are lucky to have here. Fabulous acoustics and it draws some big names who like smaller venues. Anyway, a friend and I talked about going to see him, and neither of us was really all hyped about it, but decided it would be a fine way to spend an evening. He had a new band and album release; the music was quite good. But then he sang "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" and brought the house down. I just got full body goosebumps even writing that! I had no idea that he was the "voice" in Simon and Garfunkel and that he was the one singing Bridge when they were together. It was truly the most stunning music experience I have ever had...his voice...omg. And I have seen a great deal of live music in my life. It stands out as the very best, bar none.
    ...See More
  • Zalco/bring back Sophie!
    3 years ago

I don't think I could go until there is a vaccine or effective treatment and that makes me so sad.

We have not renewed our subscription to the opera, and the theater we attend has not offered subscriptions for the next season.

dedtired thanked Zalco/bring back Sophie!
  • always1stepbehind
    3 years ago

In not a big concert goer, big crowd person and it's probably been a couple years anyways since I've even been to the movies. But even to go out to eat and shop it'll probably be a bit before I'd feel super comfortable. I do miss getting together to go out to eat though.

dedtired thanked always1stepbehind
  • chispa
    3 years ago

Not a big concert goer or movie watcher, but I would have no problem going if the opportunity presented itself to watch someone I wanted to see, such as we went to see Elton John in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. I will be back going to restaurants as soon as they open. Looking forward to some really good sushi!

Even the elderly (80+) in my area are having my hairdresser come and make house calls and my cleaning lady just started going back to her elderly customers in the last week or so.

I think a lot of people in my area (Los Angeles) are deciding that a life of quarantine isn't living at all, and are willing to accept the risks to live and enjoy life to the fullest, just like we weigh the risks with many other activities or diseases that could cause us harm.

dedtired thanked chispa
  • User
    3 years ago

It's been such a rare occurrence for us to attend a concert, so we won't have an interest in doing so for the foreseeable future. Haven't been to a movie in ages and won't care to. Really what I long to do the most is take a road trip to go hiking in beauty and relative seclusion. I long for a closer connection to nature, not strangers.

dedtired thanked User
  • cmm1964
    3 years ago

I have already started back at fitness classes.

dedtired thanked cmm1964
  • salonva
    3 years ago

I was never a movie person, maybe going to a theatre like once or twice a year. Pretty sure the last movie in theatre I saw was Love Gilda in Sept or Oct 2018 . I might be forgetting something newer but basically the movie theatre won't affect me

I did go to concerts and theatre not so often but several times a year for sure. I think all of that is in a wait and see category. If the rate of infection really slows, I might consider but for sure it will have to be a lot lower. This is assuming the vaccine is a longer way off.

The thought of eating in an enclosed space with others is not appealing to me at all, but honestly- if there is outdoor seating I think I will entertain it- even not fancy take out with space to eat that is not crowded. Where we live, things are really pretty spread out and even in the supermarkets not crowded. I know where others live things are much more congested.

We wear masks in stores but in general when we go walking around here, which we do every day that is not pouring, on trails and parks and just around our neighborhood we do not wear masks. (but I keep one handy ). I would say less than 10% of the people walking have masks.. In stores they are mandatory and everyone follows that.

dedtired thanked salonva
  • Jilly
    3 years ago

Good question. We’re currently sitting on expensive Rolling Stones tickets (originally scheduled for next week), as well as Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin group. Both postponed, but Live Nation was offering refunds within a window of time. The Stones tickets are really good seats I waited online for hours to get ... I got lucky and doubt I would again. I don’t know what to do. There’s no word on when they might reschedule. Our Stones seats are unique — aisle, not an entire row, and no one behind us.

We never went to movies much before, and have no desire to now.

dedtired thanked Jilly
  • DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

In addition to what I wrote above, our local theater sent out notifications last month (or maybe earlier this month - who knows anymore) that they made the difficult decision to close for the year. They always have an active summer/fall season along with a traditional holiday show that is well attended. Their plan is to postpone the entire schedule to 2021.

Our gyms and fitness centers are not open yet. It will be at least the 3rd week of June before they are allowed to open, though I happen to know some smaller studios have been operating under the radar - very risky IMO.

We live in an area with enough un-cooperative conspiracy theorists that all activities for us will be weighed for a long time. It's been a sad eye-opener for me to be literally, physically confronted with the reality of people here. I'd been living in my bubble and able to just lalalala my way through my days.

dedtired thanked DLM2000-GW
  • gsciencechick
    3 years ago

Same here, Jinx. Our Stones tickets are pretty good, and it is a local show so no need to travel. Maybe the fall but I'm thinking probably next summer. For the stadium shows here, Billy Joel postponed a year until April 2021, but Garth Brooks rescheduled for October. The only tickets we bought for out of town were RATM because it was either NYC or Raleigh, and we thought we'd make a fun weekend in NYC. We can only hold out hope. And it it is canceled, we will get our money back.

dedtired thanked gsciencechick
  • dedtired
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Interesting and varied responses. Going to a theater will make me nervous for quite awhile. The relative risk seems high with people seated so close together, climbing over as they get to their seat or the crowd as they exit. At least you could stay in your seat until the crowd clears out. I love live theater and my friends and I go to Broadway a couple times a year plus shows in Philadelphia. Wonder when that will happen again. We are all seniors.

we have a wonderful movie theater near us There are actually three theaters in the complex. They struggle financially under the best of circumstances and I hope they are still there when this is over. I might go if they limit the number in the theater and also bring my own wipes. On the other hand, I have Netflix and others so why take the risk.

Here’s hoping that vaccine comes along soon. I want to travel, too. Right now airplanes are just big Petri dishes, as they always were I suppose.

• runninginplace
    3 years ago

"I would go to a movie. I don't go often and when I do it's usually a matinee after a movie has been out for awhile, and there are usually less than a dozen people and well-spaced."

What bpath said. I love going to movies and miss that very much. BUT, I've been a strictly matinee girl for almost 40 years since college when I started going to daytime shows. I also tend to pick indie movies and avoid most big films (no Star Wars episodes, live comic book franchise installments or Disney flicks for me).

So fairly often I am the only one, or one of fewer than 5-10 in the place.

As far as other public places, no interior restaurant meals yet. And definitely no gyms, although our governor opened them up with the chipper logic that people should go work out to get healthy 'cuz that makes folks more immune to getting sick and what's healthier than the gym.

What can I say, I live in Florida.

dedtired thanked runninginplace
  • artemis_ma
    3 years ago

I'd be willing to go to an outdoor concert before any indoor one, but I'd like there to be a viable treatment or vaccine first.

I don't go out to movies often. I would say I've been to them about twice in the past five years, and it is no big deal to wait until movies are available for the home screen. I know the age of drive-ins may return, but I am not really interested in that as an alternative.

Museums - yes, with proper distancing and sanitation methods in place.

Restaurants - have done take out twice since we closed down. Sitting outdoors at the venue would be acceptable, especially since a lot of food (that I'd want to eat) doesn't stand the 25 plus minutes transit home.

dedtired thanked artemis_ma
  • texanjana
    3 years ago

Same here re Stones tickets. The concert was supposed to be this weekend here. I haven't heard anything about rescheduling, and these are the most expensive concert tickets I have ever bought.

I have no plans to attend any concerts, go to a restaurant, or go to a movie in the foreseeable future. We have a couple of driving trips planned this summer, but it remains to be seen whether those will happen.

dedtired thanked texanjana
  • smhinnb
    3 years ago

I would go as soon as they'll let me. We had tickets to a July 1st outdoor concert that was postponed, but if it hadn't been postponed we definitely would have attended.

I think most answers probably depend on the prevalence of the virus in your general area. As I've mentioned before, there are 0 active cases anywhere around me. If that changes significantly, I will reassess and possibly adjust my behaviour.

In many ways things are starting to slowly return to “normal” here, with some obvious changes & strict guidelines of course – physical distancing, limitations on group size (this affects concerts), etc. But things are open(ing) - we've moved to Phase III this week. My office is back to work full time, stores & restaurants are open(ing), gyms & salon/spas are reopening, daycares and childrens's summer camps are starting to reopen.

dedtired thanked smhinnb
  • 3katz4me
    3 years ago

I don’t anticipate going to any kind of entertainment venue like that while there is still a Covid19 risk. We don’t go to those kind of events all that often and no pressing desire to do so under the current circumstances. I do like to go out to eat and I don’t even see myself doing that any time in the foreseeable future. It’s just not worth the risk.

dedtired thanked 3katz4me
  • Tina Marie
    3 years ago

We used to love concerts but the traffic/crowds usually make them unappealing now. i Couldn’t tell you the last time we saw a movie. We are more outside activity peeps. Love our mountain area, lake, long drives., etc. we are happy sitting outside around the firepit. We miss going out with our friends but have done driveway visits, etc. Toy can easily socially distance at a picnic/cookout. We usually eat out once or twice a week but not now and we do not feel comfortable doing that yet. Takeout is fine if we want a change.

dedtired thanked Tina Marie
  • nutsaboutplants
    3 years ago

Not anytime soon. at least not till Summer 2021, and even then only based on then-current scientific and medical information.

dedtired thanked nutsaboutplants
  • suero
    3 years ago

I've got a number of relatives who are entertainers. With their tours cancelled, they are offering concerts and teaching sessions on Zoom.

dedtired thanked suero
  • lonestar123
    3 years ago

I never went to movies or concerts but would go to craft shows, farm/home and sport shows but doubt I will this year. Our state never closed but now people are acting like it is all over, everything open, no masks etc

dedtired thanked lonestar123
  • jojoco
    3 years ago

We have reserved seats at an amphitheater/lawn concert in July To see James Taylor and Jackson Browne. I joked to dh that most of the fan base will have walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks and be welcomed. But have a fever? No way! We have until June 19th to cancel.

• dedtired
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Jo, I wanted to go to that concert but couldn’t find anyone to go with me. I hope you get to go.

eta: Jo, the concert is postponed until next year. Maybe I’ll find someone to go with me by that time!

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

We rarely go to concerts or the movies but boy do I miss dining out.

I was using the John Hopkins site to gauge the virus numbers in my county, but, for three days now I can’t get on. My plan was (with precaution) I was going to venture out once it dropped to 25 or 30 cases a day or lower. We were seeing around a 100 a day but a few times it dropped to the fifties.

Is anyone else having problems seeing the JH map?

• dedtired
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Just got word that my county is moving to Yellow status on June 5. That still doesn’t allow for gatherings of large crowds, so no movies yet.

• Fori
    3 years ago

I'll feel better about it when better masks are easily available. Surgical style masks are good for about-town stuff but if I'm in a room with people, I want us all in good N95 type masks.

I'm not gonna be eating around people any time soon, though.

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    3 years ago

I don't think 'we' are going to be in a large crowd, concert, or enclosed restaurant for some time to come. Possibly not until there is a vaccine available. We're sending regrets for more than one upcoming wedding, including one next month and another in July. We've been very careful as I know most of you have been. In talking to DH, our feeling is that whatever one of us does has a direct effect on the other since we live together and have been making decisions jointly. And whew! - without disagreeing.

Our county in this state is low virus. We've just now moved to Phase 2 openings. While we'll both have haircuts (and I'll have color) when we're able to book appointments, not much will change from the way we've been doing things. DH said just this morning, our goal is still to get in to see your mother just as soon as its allowed and we need to conduct ourselves with that in mind. Gotta love the guy. She's in a different county in assisted living and restrictions don't allow us to see her yet.

• User
    3 years ago

No idea when movies or concerts will happen. So very discouraged that the Santa Fe Opera cancelled its entire season this year. I was going out alone to see The Magic Flute in July as a birthday present to myself. I also had tickets and reservations last year to see The Thirteenth Child at the SFO but DH was at home still getting IV antibiotics every 8 hours (my job) even though he had graduated off the feeding tube. Two years in a row some disaster has kept me away from Santa Fe! I am not the least bit superstitious but am beginning to think there is some lesson for me to learn from this. Maybe it’s as simple as The Rolling Stones said it was....you can’t always get what you want.

• teeda
    3 years ago

I'm not sure I will ever go back to theaters/concerts. Other than seeing Hamilton, our last concert/theater/cinema experiences have not been enjoyable. Mostly due to inconsiderate theater goers. Maybe we just need to buy the best seats in the house, but our experience over the last couple years has been loud/talking/tipsy audience members. Couples putting their heads together in an embrace, blocking the stage view/taking non-stop photo/videos/selfies or just talking non-stop. For cinema, I would rather wait to stream it at home. Sigh.

ETA: I spent my youth enjoying rock concerts--saw most of the best (imo)--and many more concerts plus theatre as an adult. But something changed in terms of audience etiquette over the past 5-10 years.

• maire_cate
    3 years ago

If you're lucky you might have an old-fashioned drive-in nearby.

Dedtired - Shankweiler's in Orefield is about an hour's drive - it's just above Allentown. The Delsea Drive-in in Vineland is about an hour from me.

• arcy_gw
    3 years ago

Same as always--we go to see #1 DD productions/performances. They are all cancelled for the year. There won't be any to go to. When there are--it will be safe. No reason not to then.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

We had at 5 concerts canceled this summer, plus an Alaskan cruise. 3 more concerts were postponed until Fall/Winter. Today we were suppose to be flying Vegas to see Sting. :( We are playing it by ear. We are not requesting refunds for the postponed concerts, but will decide when closer to time.

• roarah
    3 years ago

I hate that my fear of infection has turned into a fear of living. I want to put my fear aside and start living again but I am still very apprehensive. We have over 300 cases in my town of 28000 people, so there is moderate risk in theatre and indoor restaurants in my mind.

• dedtired
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks, Maire Cate. I didn’t realize there were any drive ins around. I know there is one on Cape Cod but I’m not driving up there, although I’d love to. Guess I’ll be watching Netflix for quite awhile. I just feel like there is nothing to look forward to, at least for a long time.

• Davis Anderson
    3 years ago

I want to go somewhere so much, but I am afraid

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

We already lost our indie art film theatre, earlier in the pandemic. : ( Never saw a bad movie there, and real butter on the real popcorn (not ersatz yellow dyed fluff). We have a truly wonderful new theatre nearby but it tends toward blockbusters. Meh.

I think a movie would be the bottom of the list. Closed, close, and can't even see if people wear masks. And a fairly good substitute good available.

We usually go to Broadway a few times a year. I think that would be a post-vaccine choice.

We too were sad to see the (outdoor) Santa Fe opera close this season. We were actually thinking of going to the outdoor opera in Verona, Italy, but of course that was cancelled, too.

• dedtired
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Nope, not ready to go to the theater yet. I miss live performances but I‘d be freaking out at the sound of a cough. Our mall is open and I wouldn’t go there yet, either. This is so sad for the arts community.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    3 years ago

I think last movie I saw in a theater was in 2015 (Personal Gold - recommend!). I just don't like the experience, as well as finding few movies intriguing enough to be worth it. So, no on that.

I haven't been to a concert or play either, but that is more because I forget about it or wait too long to buy a ticket. I would have to really want to hear the performance and also then be sure that I have an n-95 and social distancing would be enforced if indoors. More likely to go to something outdoors.

• cawaps
    3 years ago

I'll probably go back to the movies. I socially distanced at the movies even before the virus. I'm sensitive to scents, so I tended to go to less-well-attended early matinees, and would often sit in the front section even when I didn't have to, just to avoid someone coming in late and sitting too near me with cologne I was sensitive to. And 6 feet is not enough for most perfumes, 10 feet is better. I think it will be fine with a mask--presuming that the theater enforces masks for everybody.

• Davis Anderson
    3 years ago

This is so sad that we should stay home. I think that after the pandemic it should take a long time for everything to return to its place. Many people will probably be afraid to go to crowded place. I agree that we should keep our social distance until the virus will end. As much as I would like to go to the cinema or to the theater, for the sake of my safety, I will give up this idea. I found a new hobbies and stuff to do during this quarantine. I started reading more and doing more sports. I also started planning a few parties that I'd like to arrange when I get the chance. I found a cool company that provides the indoor & outdoor event lighting services. I think that will make event unique, creative and memorable for me and my guests.

• arcy_gw
    3 years ago

What concerts/movies??? I was SHOCKED to hear SD/ Medora was doing their show--it is outdoors but still.....

• OllieJane
    3 years ago

I love going to the movies, and that would be the sign we are ok, when they open, IMO. Because I don't see it happening, until it is.

Actors haven't been able to work for awhile either, so nothing new out there to see. I've been revisiting things on Netflix, Hulu, etc. that didn't appeal to me before pre-covid.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

I picked up the worst case of flu I have ever had in my life once at the movies. I've never been a movie fan and hubs just got a big screen tv so we'd rather rent . . . better and cheaper snacks at home.. Concerts and theater are really going to be tough for us. But the answer is no, too much at stake. I've picked up things at concerts and theaters even before covid. My lungs are so weak, I don't want to risk the problems it will bring into my life.

Our local theater is experimenting with a partnership with a local outdoor wedding venue that has a large pavilion. They are starting with a cabaret there next week. MI theaters are not allowed open yet. Hubs and I were debating. Not sure we would still feel comfortable because we live in the land of stupid and people don't care about social distancing so while I trust the venue, I don't trust the patrons. What seems likely is that there could be asymptomatic carriers among the crowd because people in my area are not taking the pandemic seriously,

However, I do like the idea of outdoor venues, so we might go and see how it is for starters. We are big patrons of the theater. But no way am I going in there until the pandemic is under control. I know too much about the ventilation system in that building, both heat and air conditioning. Not the greatest under the best of circumstances.

Hubs and I are probably going to continue to hunker down at home. Lots to do here. Trying to keep up socially online.

• Bestyears
    3 years ago

I've actually been feeling newly enthusiastic about seeing more live performances of ANYTHING. This is an outcome of being denied all this time, I suppose because we never do manage to see anything live more than once a year, so it's more the idea that we can't that seems to be sticking in my craw. But, I don't see myself doing so for a very long time. After listening to Michael Moore's interview with Laurie Garrett, I'm not sure that will happen within a year. Ugh.

• l pinkmountain
    3 years ago

I love to watch live performances on TV, even if they are taped. We love "Austin City Limits" for example. But another casualty of the pandemic is our pocketbooks, so can't afford the high end TV channels. We missed Hamilton streaming on Disney, for example. We might eventually look more into streaming stuff from computer to TV so we can do some YouTube stuff, but not right now, other things on our plate. Long winter nights may have us feeling differently about watching TV. Right now outdoors is too strong of a competitor for us to invest much in new TV options.

• Lars
    3 years ago

I'm content to watch antenna TV and movies from our DVD collection, plus I have bought a couple more DVDs to watch. There are a lot of movies that I like to watch more than once, and we watched Flash Gordon, 1980 last week-end, as well as A Taste of Honey, for which I just bought the Criterion DVD. I thought that was going to be a comedy, but it turned out to be more of a drama, but I still liked it. Flash Gordon was definitely a comedy, however.

• Bunny
    3 years ago

I think about half the people I know watched Hamilton on the 4th. $6.99 for one month of Disney+ isn't much different than a 48-hour movie rental, plus you can watch it multiple times all month and anything else Disney offers. I don't really plan on keeping it beyond one month. It is very worth it for me.

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

No plans to do either right now... just seems too risky.

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

Did anyone watch Eagles: Live from The Forum MMXVIII? It was aired on ESPN Sunday evening, and is repeating during the week.