SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mlondon88

Wall Mount Faucet in Bathroom - Which side for handle?

Matthew L
3 years ago

We have a VERY narrow bathroom and will be using a Vessel sink over a floating vanity. To save space, have been planning on using a wall-mounted faucet (something like this: https://tinyurl.com/yauu7te8). Most wall-mounted faucets have the spout on the left and the handle on the right.

As a right-handed person, if only washing hands, the "normal" method would be to turn on the faucet with my right hand. But if brushing teeth or shaving, I hold the implement in my right hand and adjust faucet with the left.

With the wall-mount faucet, this would require reaching past the spout and then under a bit to grab hold of the handle.

One possibility we have considered is to put a deck-mounted single handle faucet (with the handle on the top). If we go that route, there is still a question of mounting the faucet just to the right, or left, of the vessel. (If to the side, this makes it harder to wash one's face as the spout is not centered.)

Wondering if others have encountered these issues and what kind of solutions have worked? Thanks...

Comment (1)