SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

Will large stepping stones work for a FRONT sidewalk?

Becky
3 years ago

We've been in the new house for over a year and still don't have a front sidewalk. I've always wanted to use x-large stepping stones for the sidewalk. We are on 11 acres in the country with mountain views and I thought it would be appropriate. Now that I'm ready to move forward, I'm realizing that all my inspiration photos of large stone pathways are in back/side yards or meandering into a wooded area. Or, the ones in a front yard are meandering through landscaped islands with large trees/lush plantings. I don't have that. I have grass--well half weeds at the moment--but the plan is grass, so I'm worried it is not going to look right. Do you think large stepping stones will work as a FRONT sidewalk for my house? (This photo is an old one during construction. It is pouring the rain, so I can't take a better one right now. The porch floor is now painted gray and there is a large brick step spanning between the 2 columns on either side of the door.)

This is one of my inspiration photos: https://www.psdab.com/portfolio/fools-paradise

Another option I thought about doing was rectangular, concrete stepping stones, but I'm not sure how to make the 90 degrees turn to the driveway. (There will not be a sidewalk to the road; we are in the country so there is no "foot traffic" and the grade is too steep.) Also not sure the style matches the house. This would definitely be easier since we can DIY this.

Modern Farmhouse in Altadore · More Info

Comments (13)