SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Another Pineapple Blossom

loisflan
4 years ago

Jackie inspired me with her post of Bonnie Hunter's Pineapple Blossom quilt, so I made one too. I'm not sure if it's finished yet or not. I thought about a 2" white border, then a strip of all the HST that were left over, then another 2" white border. I wasn't sure I liked that. I tried it with a 2" white border and then a 5" bright "reads as solid" outer border, and I wasn't sure about that either. Then I realized what the problem was. The pattern doesn't end properly because I made it with blocks set 5 by 7 instead of even numbers. So it doesn't lend itself to a border. I could make it 6 by 8, but that would mean making 13 more blocks. I could make one more block, rip one row off and make it 6 by 6, but I like quilts that are longer than they are wide. It just wants to go borderless and simply run off the edges. It's a little small for a cuddle quilt at 45" by 63", but it may just have to stay that way. I'm so ready to be done with it. I think I'll just quilt and bind it. It will find a home someday. They always do.

Comments (16)